March Texas Diesel Shootout - March 11th

Hell if i get enough tie raps to hold my leads on ill giver hell but 18sec passes and almost $4 a gallon diesel i think not!

I hope everybody has a great night. I wanted to come, but the wife and I are leaving town tomorrow, and there just wasn't enough hours in the day

good turn out and not to much carnage from what I saw. I missed the finale run I think they ran right after my last pass.

KC thanks again for the weld repairs on the trailer you were a real life saver!

As for the race truck its back to the drawing board again on getting it to hook.... I was rather surprised with the 129 mph though.

I had a blast out there! It was my first time at the track, and my trucks first time down the track set up as well. I ran a best of 11.97@118 w/ 1.84 60ft. Lots of good friendly fellas and good laughs! I had some traction issues but we about have them figured in... Now that we have some logs and we know what the truck is doing, we can really start tweaking and go for much better times. Thanks to Everette, Eric, Troy, and all the others that have helped. Had a blast and look forward to next time.

It was my first time on the track with my new set up, ran a 11.9 the first time then managed to win the trophy with a 11.7 pass. Still need to work on my tuning a bit and I can't wait to see what it will do when I start spraying.
Thanks to hrd and Di and everyone else that makes this possible.

I had a great time last night. I finally made a 12 second pass and ended up winning the drawing at the end as well. It was nice to see so many diesels there last night. Thank you guys for putting this event together. I cant wait for next month.

I had fun...saw a few new faces but not much racing. I only watched 10 passes or so...wound up in the pits bs'ing most of the night.
Was glad to see a nice turnout...everyone bring a buddy with a truck next month and this thing could be rather large.

good turn out and not to much carnage from what I saw. I missed the finale run I think they ran right after my last pass.

KC thanks again for the weld repairs on the trailer you were a real life saver!

As for the race truck its back to the drawing board again on getting it to hook.... I was rather surprised with the 129 mph though.

I don't know where you guys were but I never saw the truck run or drive around the lot. I saw it on the trailer when I was leaving though.

LIL Red stayed together after build but is now slower than it was. It is HEAVILY fueled though, my motor pass blackened the track and the truck disappeared. 11:49 with good air. Ouch....... We think it is actually falling over on its face because of the excessive fuel. Nitrous cleaned it up ok but only managed a 10:94 out of the night with a sub par 1:59 60ft. Time to tune the twins/gate and back off the fueling at this point.

Man the street class is bringing it to the table. I think it is gonna end up being a 11-12 second class before too long. Nice seeing you guys again and meeting some new faces!

i had a great time even though my truck wasnt there, Ill be there next month to blow some stuff up LOL good meeting most of you fellas

How cool is it to get all the diesel crowd to the same track at the same time, you guys Rock.....
These Friday nights wear me out, I'm exhausted......LOL
We had a great time as usual, the truck ran great.
We got 2 licensing passes done. Getting ready for TS...

Big Thanks to Peter @ SouthBendClutch and Bob Wagner/Smarty and David Lott @ DIPerformance for helping with the cost of these events.

Here's a list of people I want to Thank:
Curtis for his race director duties.
John for helping me get the race truck down the track.
Pam for putting up with me.....LOL

Now if we can just get Snow White back to the track.........LOL
Turn on the bottle cockshucker.....*nx*

How cool is it to get all the diesel crowd to the same track at the same time, you guys Rock.....
These Friday nights wear me out, I'm exhausted......LOL
We had a great time as usual, the truck ran great.
We got 2 licensing passes done. Getting ready for TS...

Big Thanks to Peter @ SouthBendClutch and Bob Wagner/Smarty and David Lott @ DIPerformance for helping with the cost of these events.

Bite me :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:
I had fun anyway, my DD is faster than your DD:stab:

Thanks to everyone that came out, just remember we have no race without you guys and gals coming out and participating.

To the guy with the Red CR Dodge last night, thanks for the fun drive home at least till we were forced to make a pit stop:doh:

Wish our night would have ended better but a big thank michael and curtis for all there help and the tow back the trailer lol. Back to the drawing boards for us as well!! Nice to finally met some of you and put faces with names. We had a good time and seemed like a good turnout!!

Wow, sounds like it's been taken up a notch! Glad everybody had fun!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

2011-03-11%2019.59.18.jpg

2011-03-11%2020.00.52.jpg

2011-03-11%2020.18.34.jpg

2011-03-11%2020.06.54.jpg

2011-03-11%2020.07.04.jpg

2011-03-11%2020.07.31.jpg

2011-03-11%2020.13.42.jpg

2011-03-11%2020.15.07.jpg

Last edited:
Well we got the truck unloaded and fired up on ether it was hung at 2k rpms again replaced tps and idles and starts fine now the wierd knocking noise we were hearing turned out to be the # 2 cylinder pushrods bent as bent can be!! Seems like i spun the motor to hard on the previous pass or more then likely the burnout of that pass. Just glad the motor wasnt hurt like i was thinking it was. I got a some videos of max's truck, jakes truck and a video of the two trucks in the shootout ill post on youtube later tonight when i get to work and post the link!!!

Good to hear it wasn't anything to major Chris.

Oh I forgot to mention it last night but awsome staging on your first pass! :shake:

You did not think that was going to slide by did you? :poke::lolly:

Good to hear it wasn't anything to major Chris.

Oh I forgot to mention it last night but awsome staging on your first pass! :shake:

You did not think that was going to slide by did you? :poke::lolly:

Not sure what was funnier your staging or me killing it rolling out of my burn out... :doh: