March Texas Diesel Shootout - March 11th

Good to hear it wasn't anything to major Chris.

Oh I forgot to mention it last night but awsome staging on your first pass! :shake:

You did not think that was going to slide by did you? :poke::lolly:

Lol i figured that was the only way to cut the 60' time down lmao! The damn line lock system had me all scatter brained.

Ill post those vids up later for everyone to see and congrats on gettin it to pick up on your last pass jake!! 11.48 I believe that makes you prostreet able!!

Well we got the truck unloaded and fired up on ether it was hung at 2k rpms again replaced tps and idles and starts fine now the wierd knocking noise we were hearing turned out to be the # 2 cylinder pushrods bent as bent can be!! Seems like i spun the motor to hard on the previous pass or more then likely the burnout of that pass. Just glad the motor wasnt hurt like i was thinking it was. I got a some videos of max's truck, jakes truck and a video of the two trucks in the shootout ill post on youtube later tonight when i get to work and post the link!!!

Was was that you were saying about a motor you have just itchin to be dropped in?

Ill post those vids up later for everyone to see and congrats on gettin it to pick up on your last pass jake!! 11.48 I believe that makes you prostreet able!!

Congrats on the 11:48 :clap::clap::clap:

Was was that you were saying about a motor you have just itchin to be dropped in?

Congrats on the 11:48 :clap::clap::clap:

Yep I picked up a complete 05 motor with ecm wiring harness' etc a month or so ago and had the intentions of eventually building it for my truck and swapping the vp motor for the cr and being able to sell the vp motor as a running engine and recoupe some of the cr build costs. I have most of the stuff to do a p7100 conversion as well so that is another option and with michael close to getting his flow machine operational it might be a possibility to do that. Many options for the future of my truck just not clear which one I will take. :evil

Thanks. See if I can get it to pull at least a 1.8 60' with first gear back in it. Hope to be back at the track next weekend for some more testing. Not much point in hauling it to Ennis if I can't get it to hook enough to get in the 10's.

Thanks. See if I can get it to pull at least a 1.8 60' with first gear back in it. Hope to be back at the track next weekend for some more testing. Not much point in hauling it to Ennis if I can't get it to hook enough to get in the 10's.

We may be out next weekend as well im still working on getting the vids loaded up youtube is giving me fits with password stuff :nail:

To the guy with the Red CR Dodge last night, thanks for the fun drive home at least till we were forced to make a pit stop:doh:

That was me. My little heavy 6.7 can really move when I let it down shift. I thought I was hitting the speed limiter but I was having some kind of fueling issue on the top end. Not sure why it was cutting out but it seemed like a electric issue. Blowning a boot into two does not help the matter at all.

13.3 at 102 last night, I was scared to turn the smarty up since the tranny was only Hours old. I am not sure if the 68 is cut out to be a track tranny yet. Need more time to learn how it shifts but as a daily it does very well.

That trailer yall loaded up on, PM the make of it. I may get rid of my 35' to look at one of those. That trailer was very impressive.

Last edited:
good turn out and not to much carnage from what I saw. I missed the finale run I think they ran right after my last pass.

KC thanks again for the weld repairs on the trailer you were a real life saver!

As for the race truck its back to the drawing board again on getting it to hook.... I was rather surprised with the 129 mph though.
Glad i could help!!! Whats sad is i cant tell you how many times ive been in the same boat and got a welding truck at the house and be hours away from it! Hope i can be at the next one too! Now if we can just find someone with a service truck with air and gen we will be set on the mobility part of it!

Lol i figured that was the only way to cut the 60' time down lmao! The damn line lock system had me all scatter brained.

I thought i was gonna have to follow him down the track with jumper cables hooked up!

MDW, would you happen to have any wide 15 inch 8 lug rims layin around? not sure if i trust the slicks i have on the 16inch wheel and my father has some brand new slicks for 15's. Youre the only one i know running 15's

MDW, would you happen to have any wide 15 inch 8 lug rims layin around? not sure if i trust the slicks i have on the 16inch wheel and my father has some brand new slicks for 15's. Youre the only one i know running 15's

I have 2 sets.
1 set has the slicks on them, the other set has street tires on them.
They are 15" X 15" 8 lug.
I also have a set of Weld wheels that I'm getting 8 lug centers made. When they become available 1 set of the steel wheels will be for sale.

We broke the intermediate shaft again.
All the clutches are perfect so the trans. is doing the job.
Time to quit being a cheapass and get a billet intermediate LOL

Not sure how long the truck will be down as I have all my money tied up in the pump stand right now. Almost finished and ready to be put to work.....

Someone at the track Friday night asked how could I not have a billet intermediate shaft in the trans....
Its because I'm running this truck out of my own pocket and don't have an unlimited budget. There is a lot of things I would like to do to it but money is always the limiting factor. We will continue to do the best we can with what we can afford.

As always:
Thanks to my crew and all who have supported us.
I believe this year is going to be very good for the HRD drag truck.

I have 2 sets.
1 set has the slicks on them, the other set has street tires on them.
They are 15" X 15" 8 lug.
I also have a set of Weld wheels that I'm getting 8 lug centers made. When they become available 1 set of the steel wheels will be for sale.

did you ever come across those machined drums you were telling me about a while back?

Haven't looked for them.
I was waiting till you said you wanted them.

Someone at the track Friday night asked how could I not have a billet intermediate shaft in the trans....
Its because I'm running this truck out of my own pocket and don't have an unlimited budget. There is a lot of things I would like to do to it but money is always the limiting factor. We will continue to do the best we can with what we can afford.

Amen! If they think its so easy why arent they doing it? Hell it may break a Billet shaft aswell and that 900 bucks before fluid, filter and labor. :doh:

Perhaps they would like to sponsor you the parts Im sure you would put their name on the truck some where for that...

Keep up the good work man its miles ahead of me.:Cheer:

Last edited:
Amen! If they think its so easy why arent they doing it? Hell it may break a Billet shaft aswell and that 900 bucks before fluid, filter and labor. :doh:

Perhaps they would like to sponsor you the parts Im sure you would put their name on the truck some where for that...

Keep up the good work man its miles ahead of me.:Cheer:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
I'm not as mean as some make me out to be.....:lolly: