max HP numbers out of a stock truck

What would be the best thing for EFFICIENT power to partner up with a tuner? need some help. can you mod the stock turbo? need the gurus here.

Last edited:
The most efficent power with tuner would be nitrous, hands down. And its the best bang for the buck next to the tuner.

so has anyone made over 440whp with just the innovative diesels extreme race tune, or is my buddy high, thinking his 04 6.0 will make that much power with just a tune, intake and exhaust? also what would a 6.0 with the extreme race tune and a set of 190's do powerwise.

Last edited:
so has anyone made over 440whp with just the innovative diesels extreme race tune, or is my buddy high, thinking his 04 6.0 will make that much power with just a tune, intake and exhaust?

Going by the track times some people are posting I wouldn't be surprised to see that high of a number.

there must be a good combo to step up to as far as sticks and changing the wheels in the turbo. or would you need to go to a whole new turbo.

Going by the track times some people are posting I wouldn't be surprised to see that high of a number.

okay thanks looks like i'll be ordering a turbo mounting gasket set so i can put my exhaust housing on. :st:

My 190's and Beans 65 MM is a good setup, but a set of 190's and a Trusted Performance turbo would be where I would say to put your money.

If you do decide to get some 190cc injectors and a turbo just be sure you spray it still so you can get the other 250-300 HP out of it that your turbo will be lacking to clean up. Your post seems like your looking for max hp well the nitrous will clean it up way more efficent than any of the turbos offered for the 6.0l.

Is it just me, or did somebody originally say something about a STOCK TRUCK?

:bang

We don't like stock trucks around here...the conversations always get steered towards mods. LOL

Read what you typed. The wheel that is different is the EXHAUST wheel. It has 3 less blades on it. A compressor wheel change would give you more air.

Is the stock compressor, when running a 10-vane 03', running at its max in the compressor map? If no, I would argue that some type of modification to the exhaust side would increase shaft speed (probably at the expense of spool), which would lead to more air.

Side issue, wasn't the change from the 10-vane 03' to the 13-vane and eventually the 15-vane, to improve spool?

reputable dynos are hard to find in crap hole new mexico. i would love to get it on a dyno and get it some custom tunes. but untill then thats the only thing i have to go off of.

I would like to see the 15 bladed exhaust wheel. The change was made to reduce noise. Hence the removal of the resonator in the downpipes. Its still a debate of surface area 13 blade vs 10 blade mass. But im still gonna take a larger shaft bushing with the 13 blade over the 10 blade turbos.

I would like to see the 15 bladed exhaust wheel. The change was made to reduce noise. Hence the removal of the resonator in the downpipes. Its still a debate of surface area 13 blade vs 10 blade mass. But im still gonna take a larger shaft bushing with the 13 blade over the 10 blade turbos.

So you like the 04 turbos over the 03s?

As you know Doug I'm a complete newb to this stuff. What exactly is the benefit to having a larger shaft bushing or surface area?

I love my set up. Beans turbo with stock injectors. Drives great, smokes very little on a street tune and will get my heavy ass to run a 14.04 on #2 with the GoGo Tech 5 lock up explode file. Oh and did I mention the whistle...good for at least 50hp.

(This all couldn't be possible without the help of Doug aka Psdplayer aka Douggie aka GoGodiesel aka sausage fingers aka cabbage patch kid aka I'll prove you all wrong...)

Back