Me VS 06 LBZ

Dude, if you geat beat by an old fart with a 60 horse tune, im repo'n your truck and revoking your cummins license!!! Theres no way he'll see a 20 psi 4wd boosted launch comin! and your girl will think ur a bada$$ when u smoke pops:rockwoot:

I wouldn't do boosted launch with him,...

Well I know this is always brought up.. My g/f dad has a 06 ext cab 4x4 lbz. It has ppe xcellerator and intake and exhaust on 33s and 20s. He is always talking smack to me about duramax this and dodge blows yada yada.. I wanna call him out.. What yall think? Ill be running smarty 4.2 on sw9 and tst on 4-0. It will be from a dead stop. Im going to do a 4hi 20psi launch of course.. Whats the predictions? I know Ill get hot but I figure if ill run it til about 80mph..

You need to ask yourself,.. is he right,... is your truck a match for him or not. So you need to at least have a level playing field IMO and that would mean a rolling start and not a boosted launch since YOU know his FE is stock and won't handle the power without breaking things. Personally I think it is going to be a VERY close race as I had the 4.2 and the PPE HOT and they were dead nuts even on a dyno and sotp. The TST gives you maybe 20-30hp at the most difference. If his lift pump is stock and his cp3 is stock he may well be running out of fuel on top. Do the roll and see what happens,.. I say you will have him by a couple to 80mph!

yea the durapads and powerjokes. Im glad to be doin w/ 6 what others do with 8. dude mosta fell bumped his head lol.

Lol, sorry I have not been on this site in a long time. I never raced him.. Im actually buying the truck from him because my truck started falling apart around the motor and got tired of spendin money constantly on repairing it.. I have a TON of goodies already waiting to be put on the Dmax.. :rockwoot: Ill keep yall updated.

started falling apart what so you get everyone fired up about racing him then you dont and your going to buy it man im glad I wasted my time reading these 3 pages

started falling apart what so you get everyone fired up about racing him then you dont and your going to buy it man im glad I wasted my time reading these 3 pages

Haha like you hand something else to do!!!! :bang....lol jk

Lol, sorry I have not been on this site in a long time. I never raced him.. Im actually buying the truck from him because my truck started falling apart around the motor and got tired of spendin money constantly on repairing it.. I have a TON of goodies already waiting to be put on the Dmax.. :rockwoot: Ill keep yall updated.

Be careful, LBZ are known for piston and rod failure. I helped a buddy and its one of the worst engines to work on, too much chit to take off to get to stuff.

Dmaxs are fast but suck to work on:Cheer:

Lol dude you see how old this thread is? Lol sorry I got your hopes up

Be careful, LBZ are known for piston and rod failure. I helped a buddy and its one of the worst engines to work on, too much chit to take off to get to stuff.

Dmaxs are fast but suck to work on:Cheer:

It has a lot to do with tuning. And with correct tuning they are pretty safe til ALOT of hp.. Plus I don't plan on riding around on kill 24/7.. LOL YA I DO!!! haha. I plan on doing some motor work down the road.. Im completely deleteing the EGR system so it clears up alot of space.

Back