Me VS 06 LBZ

If you do run him, grab a video camera and post it up in the vid section! :Cheer:

I may just wait and really put it on him!! I got a turbo ordered and already got a set of 120hp stix laying around. Ha Ill just put that on and really put it to him!!

I may just wait and really put it on him!! I got a turbo ordered and already got a set of 120hp stix laying around. Ha Ill just put that on and really put it to him!!

:woohoo: Good Luck! I like seeing the ole Cummins romp on the high-tech Duramax :evil

his front end will not hold up in 4wd especially at the track, I would not think twice about running him

And like you said, he will probably run in 2wd and slightly power brake it and run a soft 2.2 60'. Now if you give him a few weeks to research launching and four wheel drive traction, it may be closer than you think.

And like you said, he will probably run in 2wd and slightly power brake it and run a soft 2.2 60'. Now if you give him a few weeks to research launching and four wheel drive traction, it may be closer than you think.

He is not into all that.. He just got the mods on his truck for better mpg and someone steered him in the right direction on the ppe.. He doesn't even know how much power it adds. Just knows to plug it in and turn it up or down. He may truck to launch in 4hi or not. But either way he will either launch to hard or 2wd and blow the tires up easy..

if he has a stock tranny that thing can't be doing to good especially with a ppe excellator if he actually drives the truck.

My lbz with the standard ppe on the 225 setting runs 13.6-13.9's all day long on the stock tranny. Thats with tierod sleves and a boosted 4wd launch.

zak

Wow really?? i didn't think they were quite that fast!!! I figured mid to low 14 with what he has!! You sure??

if he has front end braces and gets a good boosted launch. If he doesnt ahve front end stuff and gets away with not blowing it up, probably low 14.

My lbz with the standard ppe on the 225 setting runs 13.6-13.9's all day long on the stock tranny. Thats with tierod sleves and a boosted 4wd launch.

zak

13.6 on stock trans and fuel system with only 225hp tune?? WHAT????? Got slips of vid to prove that?

if he has front end braces and gets a good boosted launch. If he doesnt ahve front end stuff and gets away with not blowing it up, probably low 14.

Yea his front end is completely stock. Like I said he uses the truck for work. Just got lucky and someone told him PPE was good so he got it. PPE, Intake and exhaust is ALL IT HAS.

im sorry which truck came out first? the dmax or the CR? I beleive the dmax did, so that would make the CR "high tech" compared to the "ole dmax"

:rolleyes:

Well seeing how the CR Cummins is pretty darn close to the same thing that rolled off the assembly line in 89....... the only real major changes were the injection system and some more valves.

im sorry which truck came out first? the dmax or the CR? I beleive the dmax did, so that would make the CR "high tech" compared to the "ole dmax"

:rolleyes:

they're both common rail injection... the only thing a d-max has over a CR 5.9 "techwise" is a VNT/VGT turbo :confused:

now, if we're talking about a 12v? yeah, I love seeing an old mechanical dinosaur whooping up on a newer truck... no matter what brand

but calling a Dmax "high tech" vs. a CR dodge is kinda missing the mark IMO

13.6 on stock trans and fuel system with only 225hp tune?? WHAT????? Got slips of vid to prove that?
i def think the lbz can make those times.if you put a bigger turbo on i think you will have him covered...

Those D-max do run well, but to be 100% honest...the new twin turboed Powerjokes will give you a better run for your money. My brother raced one the other day in his 04.5 & he has more mods than you do, Powerjoke kept its distance till 100mph, then the old Dodge pulled away fast.

Back