Mega cab street hero

ylo73z

Starting from scratch with a new truck tile says it all ...I'm seeking opinions for building up my 06 mega cab 2wd with 50k miles on it ... it's all stock except for the basics ...I basically want a 19-20 mpg freeway 11 second daily driver .....I got efi live on it right now tuned by ATP ,just a street tune ...now I need suggestions to get to my goals affordably as possible

I was thinking the same thing ...it runs good in the low gears but as soon as it hit 3rd it seems like it's slipping or the converter is not locking ...now the big question ...should I wait until it grenades or have some one beef it up while its still good ? Keep in mind it's only got 54,000 miles on it

100% stock ....basics in my opinion are about 100hp over stock ...just enough to keep import street heros at bay lol.. So yeah it has 5 inch turbo back exhaust and a s&b cold air intake with the bumper scoop ..

I would address the trans now rather than waiting for it to blow but that's just my .02

Should I go all out or just get the input shaft converter and valve body ?

Ok ...I gotta find a decent tranny builder in souther California and go from there

My bud Brandon Wood is close to 11s (12.04) in his lifted 06 megacab 4x4. He has a suncoast trans, SDX 180s, s364, dual fuelers, and EFILIVE tuning by Ryan Milliken. It made 724hp and 1460tq on fuel only. In a 2wd you could potentially even go quicker, if you can get it to hook

I got 18.5-19mpg over 700 miles at 70-75mph with a billet 66, 100% over injectors, dual cp3's, big cam, leveled on 33's

Sweet ...I'm getting 19.5 mpg now driving 80 and doing big passes on slow moving cars

11's ,mega cab, 2wd, 19-20mpg = not affordable, unless $15,000 is affordable.

Ok. I'm talking just in mods and that's being willing to do some of your own wrenching. I'd start with full built trans from a reputable shop, billet input and triple disc convertor. Should be in the $4-5k range. You need a good lift pump $700. ARP 625 head studs,$1200. Gauges $750. Twin cp3's $1800. Injectors $1300 if you just get nozzles. Twin turbos, you could get by with a single but if you want to get 20mpg if say you need twins. Billet 66 over s480 $4000. Should have a set of valve springs but could probably do without $500. Should also do valve seats in the head because those are prone to fail.
That should get you in the 850hp range . For traction get a set of caltracs, some slicks probably something in the neighborhood of 33-10.5 w's and maybe some good race shocks.
I would also say those tall gears may be a little hard on parts at that hp level.