Mega cab street hero

Ok the ill change my signature to 342s ....they were in the truck when I bought it ...parents owned it before me ...tey had 340s put in it as far as I know ...maye it has 342s now your spitting hairs

I would think a bit smaller on the twins, like a 64/480 and wastgated on top. Quick spool to minimize any lag what so ever, enough air to stay on up..
Small efficient stix, maybe 150 hp max. Dual fuelers, ad165, and of course efi live.
Revmax is doing the 850 trans for a nice deal. Unfortunately you will have to source trans tuning on you're own for now.
For mpg you will want a taller tire to aid in lowering rpm's even a tiny bit.
All synthetic fluids too.

Sent from my F'n space phone

What kind of tuning would be required and how would I go about getting it done ...transmission will be my first step so I want to figure it out first ..

Ok the ill change my signature to 342s ....they were in the truck when I bought it ...parents owned it before me ...tey had 340s put in it as far as I know ...maye it has 342s now your spitting hairs

It's "you're", and I was just curious where you got a gear ratio I'd never heard of. sorry

No apology needed I honestly don't know ...never researched it I just went off of what I was told ....all I know is at 80mph it's just a touch over 2000 rpm

Oh yeah you forgot to correct the "tey" for they while you were at it

What kind of tuning would be required and how would I go about getting it done ...transmission will be my first step so I want to figure it out first ..

I'm pretty sure suncoast and revmax require overdrive software from H&S.
I hope their becomes more options before i do my trans. I refuse to spend another dime on one of their products.

Yes I have to smog my truck every two years ...I have a few smog ships that look the other way when a "tip" is provided

How much does the software cost from H&S? What exactly is it going to do for me?
Shift a certain way or is it mandatory for the transmission to work at all?

Its mandatory from what i know. It is the only way to demand enough fluid psi inside the trans.
I had it when i had my minimaxx and loved it. I just didnt care for the abusive ecm tunes that was noisy, smokey, and made things pop.
The least expensive way to get it is a XRT with just the trans software.
Do a search for Revmax or find Dave Matthews on cumminsforum.com, he seems to be real good with passing on information and getting answers.

As far as efi, i use Zach at Starlight Diesel. There are a lot of good tuners on here though.
A few: efibyryan.com, doghousediesel.com, cumminstuner.com, ...etc

Last edited:
Hopefully some one chimes in on what exactly I need to get to make a built tranission work ...so efi has no control of the transmission software?
2nd question ...will the software work with a stock trasmission ?

Looked up revmax ...found a transmission they were selling on eBay for 4000$ plus shipping ....good for 750 horsepower 2 year unlimited mileage warranty ....would that be all I need ? Or will I need some software along with the tranission ?

Joelc i think your getting mixed up. If he has an 06 then he has a 48 re and does not need any trans tuning.

Ok now for my next question ..and a little history ...so I have a 05 and the transmission is totally shot leaks from the pump skips gears ext. ....so would my 06 trasmission work in my 05 because I'm thinking of getting that maxrev trasmission and putting it in my 06 and then putting the 06 trasmission in my 05 to kinda of kill 2 birds with 1 stone if you know what I mean...

oops..! Huge woops! Sorry bud, yeah the 48re doesnt need that tcm sh it.
Where in the F was I looking?

I'll shut up now.

Back