Mega cab street hero

You can make 850hp.. with 15,000 just saying at your weight and 2wd that's what it will take.

Well of I can't put it down screw it ill just make less power and run 12s or something ..my last truck ran 13s and I was real happy with it for a daily driver ...so 11 would be awesome but 12s would be great too

It has warranty but the while problem is labor for the r&r for the tranny and I can't be with out my truck for 2 weeks while its fixed ....freaken b.s. and the converter company swears up and down they never ever have had a bad converter ...guess I'm the first ...yay

It has warranty but the while problem is labor for the r&r for the tranny and I can't be with out my truck for 2 weeks while its fixed ....freaken b.s. and the converter company swears up and down they never ever have had a bad converter ...guess I'm the first ...yay

Whats it doing?

Makes a constant buzzing sound when stopped in gear ...goes away once I'm moving ...when it makes the noise converter won't lock ...some times the noise stops and the converter lock up switch works perfectly ...everything else works fine ...shifts good and every thing else once it gets going

I really don't want to blast on them until I put a different converter in it and see what happens ...if every thing goes away then problem is isolated and I'll see if they make things right or not either way I'll post what happens and the brand name

How do you know it's the converter? I've never heard of a converter making a buzzing sound.

I'll know on Monday ...transmission shop says that's what it is and based on the converter not wanting to lock I can only assume they are right ....if the new converter doesn't fix the problem then I'll post what the real problem is

Just threw a p1740 code so I think the converter is definitely bad ...whining noise is dragging on longer on acceleration about 5-6 feet of movement before the noise quits

Just got the converter off ....it's smoking hot ...only drove like 3 miles and it was sitting all night ....new converter in the way lots of metal in the fluid ....not looking good

New converter in and nothing else done to the trasmission other than filter change ....problem solved ...now it's time to make some phone calls tomorrow morning ...

It's was a revmax converter and valve body ..some one on here recommended them and it seemed like they were knowledgable on the phone ...might have just been a bad apple ...they said they haven't had a triple disk converter go bad ever before ...they have been very attentive to the problem as far as calling to see what's going on with the problem and emailing me a prepaid shipping label to send the defective part back ...but now it's time to talk about refunds ,compensation for r&r labor and what they will do about sending my core back or paying me core money to pay for the core charge on my new converter ...I will keep every one posted on how they treat me...

They said they will let me know what they find when they get it back .....not what I expected but I guess I'll have to wait

Oh yeah when I called tech to let them know I sent the defective converter back no one answered ...tried 3 times ...as soon as I called sales ...immediate answer ...moral of the story use if you use a local transmission builder use their parts ,that way if there is a issue it's on them ...their off brand triple disk converter looked just like the revmax unit except it 100$ cheaper and was painted blue instead of red

Moral of this story is: Dont ask for advice if your not smart enough to take it...

Back