Mega cab street hero

Yeah 15k is affordable

I'm buddies with the guys up at Brown's Diesel in Central CA, and if you drove up there (about 6 hours) I am sure that for 15K they could hand you the keys back to your 11 second truck in just a few days. The only thing will be tires, you'll need drag radials at the very least to run the number, and slicks would be better. On the street on street tires, it'll just be a tire burner.

Based on my street battle experiences most occur on a roll or with the element of surprise ....if I can run a 11.90 at the track and destroy people on the street with some foot control I'll be happy .....first I'll make the power reliably then I'll worry about delivering it ..

I do f where the powder coated springs came into play here but to the above posts ...all though dropping off my truck sounds nice ,I would like to do the work myself and be able to proudly say "yes I did the work myself " when some one asks ...I did the whole drop my truck off at a shop for my 05 and yes it runs great but I can't say I did it my self ..

guess I'll chime in since I had a mega in the 11's. It was a 4x though lifted with 37's.

I think like it's been mentioned, for you to do it in a 2w drive will take slicks. I could barely keep all 4 wheels from spinning off the line sometimes and that's at 8200lbs. I'm sure a 2w is much lighter. Even at speed.... if your truck is built right, you'll smoke the tires at any speed if you try to take off too fast.

There was a mega in Miami that ran 10's with spray so it can be done but, it doesn't make for a great DD though.

If you want to do it and have your truck built right, unless you know how to do it yourself..... Brown's Diesel was a good suggestion.

Just make sure who ever builds your trans knows what they're doing. That's gonna be one of your weakest links.

I would have to say the trans IS going to be the weakest link. And the rest of the weak links are behind the trans.

Tranny will be coming soon ....just need some advice on my trifecto tranny swap ....will a 06 tranny work on a 05? And then I need to choose a tranny for my mega can ...I'm leaning tword maxrev ....2 year warranty and unlimited mileage good for 750 horse power ....what ever time slip that gets me ill be good with it

Last edited:
I'd say no a 05 won't work in a 06 mainly because of the ECM control. They're two completely different ECM's. Could be wrong though.
I don't know anything about a revmax but, you'll not find too many high powered trucks running a off the shelf box trans.

Then what am I supposed to do ? I'm not got g to drop my truck off and stay in a hotel for 3-4 days while some shop works on my truck ....then when some one asks how did you put this on or that on and all I can say is ....uh I don't know I didn't do it ,but it's fast though !...

do a little more research in your area or on other forums. I don't know of them but, I know there's several good diesel shops in Socal.

If you don't have the knowledge to do all the work, someone is gonna have to do it for you. Logistics is a problem all over the country sometimes

You're supposed to figure this sh!t out for yourself, or go pay someone that knows what they're doing.

Well the only person who has contacted me with any useful info is the brother of firepunk transmission ...every one else seems to hide their transmission builders like coke hides their soda receipies ....yeah I can work stuff by the way ....I can build engines put on dual fuelers injectors turbos and yes transmissions ....I'm not a rebuilder but I can put Parts on properly ...give me some credit

here are a few trans builders. You'll have to ship yours out though. A couple will work with you on that by sending you a core they built and you send your back to them in the container they send. Just make some calls....

Browns I'm sure could do it

Goerend Trans

Garmon Trans

ATS

for your TC give Phil a call at Diesel Performance Converter

You should be able to find all their websites by a goggle.

Thank you for the help.....I'm really tempted to give a "little guy " transmission company a shot ....if it blows up in my face I'll let you guys know if it works great ill let you know ...it's not about the cost well ...who am I kidding its about the cost ...I'm going with firepunk or revmax and see what happens ...2 year unlimited mileage warranty really gets my attention

Mike L is in SoCal. I know he has done some dodge trannys. Not sure if he could do what you want though. Also there is a trans builder out in Holtville. John Wood. I know he has built at least one dodge trans that was putting down over 700.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you can do all this stuff why didn't you build your 05 yourself? I believe goerend quit building trannys. Last I spoke with them they were on the fence about it. Someone correct me if that's false. But supposedly they just sell it all as a kit now.

have fun running 11's in a 2wd mega cab. make sure you have about 200hp more than what you think you need if you want to avoid disappointment.

Buit the 05 in 06 when work was smoking busy ...70 hours weeks were considered a slow week ....no time to to work on it... I did how ever put the twin turbos and dual fuelers on it ...had my 2000 built at that time as well.. sold the 2000 ..now I have a good balance of time and money so I want to do some or most of the work myself ....probably get my old man involved since he's retired now so I think he would appriciate a project too..

Back