Mega cab street hero

have fun running 11's in a 2wd mega cab. make sure you have about 200hp more than what you think you need if you want to avoid disappointment.

Start from the beginning and then post ....there is a page 1,2 and 3 not just 3 ....

I did read it all. You're asking for a 8500lb corvette that can haul 5000lbs in the trunk and get 20mpg.

Last edited:
No you don't ...11.99999999999 at the track with slicks or what ever it takes and some battles on the street ....where did it say I want to haul 5000 pounds? ....

it will but, then you need a way to control it.

Controls are the same. Electronically 48RE is a 48RE. Both should have the electronic throttle valve motor too. If the 05 doesent, then you just have to put the throttle valve arm on for the cable.

Controls are the same. Electronically 48RE is a 48RE. Both should have the electronic throttle valve motor too. If the 05 doesent, then you just have to put the throttle valve arm on for the cable.

I don't believe a 05 47re ECM will control a 06 48re. Like I said though, could be wrong.

No you don't ...11.99999999999 at the track with slicks or what ever it takes and some battles on the street ....where did it say I want to haul 5000 pounds? ....

He is Saying your asking for a vette I'n the shape of a mega cab. I will tell you this much, it will not be some little deal where mod "A" plus mod "B" = your specific goal... It's going to take Alot of work, time, and dedication. I have a feeling you will go through he'll trying to get traction. I could be wrong and would be very happy If I am infect wrong. Just don't have the idea you are going to be able to throw a load of $ at it and meet your expectations, that's how you get let down.

Ok got it so ill just smoke my 06 tranny and build one then build one for the 05 when I can afford it

He is Saying your asking for a vette I'n the shape of a mega cab. I will tell you this much, it will not be some little deal where mod "A" plus mod "B" = your specific goal... It's going to take Alot of work, time, and dedication. I have a feeling you will go through he'll trying to get traction. I could be wrong and would be very happy If I am infect wrong. Just don't have the idea you are going to be able to throw a load of $ at it and meet your expectations, that's how you get let down.

If t blows up il be let down ...other than that 11s,12s,13s is cool for a work truck ...I just want the most I can get out of it and drive it every day ...if I don't set goals I won't have anything to to stive for ....I'll post my progress on here ...1st step 1 tranny and flex plate ...

If any l e could give me a solid answer about the tranny it could save me a ton of cash ....06 tranny in my 05 would be a life saver ....and yes the 05 has a stepper motor just like the 06

I don't believe a 05 47re ECM will control a 06 48re. Like I said though, could be wrong.

Internally the electronics for shifting are identical. On further investigation the only difference is the nuetral safety switch. The 47RE uses the old school thread in 3 wire style that Dodge has had since the beginning of time. The 48RE has a push in style that has 2 retaining bolts on the case, it is also a 5 wire switch. Looking at a wiring diagram, the 05 and 06 have the same wire colors and pin location at the range switch. Looks like that would be the only wiring needed to be converted on the 05 harness. As for shifting, it should shift fine once the nuetral saftey/range position is wired correctly.

Your gonna have to put just as much time, if not more, into the suspension and practice as you are the motor.

Yes your 05 and 06 transmissions are identical and can be interchanged

Lavon

So basically swap the wiring front the 05 tranny into the 06 tranny install it and call it good ?

Yes your 05 and 06 transmissions are identical and can be interchanged

Lavon

This.

2005 model trucks have the 48RE, as does the 2006 model. As long as they are both diesel, and both 2wd, swap and have fun. No need for harness change of any kind.

On further note, the 2007 5.9 truck also has the same trans.

Last edited:
Awesome ....lavon your on box is full so I can't pm you back ...if its ok I'll call you over the weekend when I'm not working and can chat for a bit

It will take 850hp to get you into a 11 in your mega.. plain and simple..

Then I'll settle for 12s but you can bet that sweet avatar behind I'll give it hell trying to squeeze a 11.999990 out of it ....

Back