mid and top range weak!

06ramcummins

went out to ennis today to try my truck at the 1/4 mile. 14.23. not to bad for my setup. oh and 40 gal. fuel tank in bed with probably 20 gallons and a toolbox that i should of emptied! this was my first time to go to the track in this truck. something i noticed though is my truck will fall flat on its face once i hit 40 mph. my first pass truck ran great. but then after that i noticed my mid and top range was weak. felt like the motor was getting not enough fuel. tried putting the quad box on to add more pressure didnt help not in the least bit. where is my weak link?

Do you have anything fooling the map sensor for boost did not notice anything in your sig that would do it.

here is the deal,if you dont run a boost fooler you will set a soft code..ie...doesnt trip the cel to come on.the bdog doesnt do boost fooling.check to see if you have any codes

there is a boost fooler on the truck. i checked for codes. there are none. the truck acted like it wasn't getting enough fuel. it was like i had the truck at half throttle. its never done this before. then again ive never ran the 1/4 either. the truck was running normal when i drove home, and still is today.

whats heat soak? first run truck ran fine. ran a 14.35 letting off at the end. then after that first run the truck started doing what it is doing

Heat soak is where parts start getting hot. Parts like the intercooler, engine bay, motor, etc. What happens is the intercooler can't cool the air off enough anymore to make good power so instead of your engine ingesting cold air, it's ingesting hot air. Hot air doesn't make power. Also, your engine bay is gonna get heated up more and more and that's gonna heat soak the turbo and air cleaner unit which in turn is gonna make the incoming air temp even hotter than it was before. So now you've got hot incoming air that is going through a hot intercooler into a hot motor. Not good for making power.

1/4 miles are rough on motors and cause a lot of heat. Especially with as warm as it's getting in this part of the country. Did you let it cool down any after the pass or get right back in line? Not saying it's the cause of your issue, but it's a factor.

what was rail pressure? If I set everything on kill, I'll get mad smoke, a HARD hit and then it kinda falls off... I have to assume it's rail pressure dropping.

i did a couple runs back to back. then let it cool. even after letting it cool the motor still did the same thing. i dont have a rail gauge as of yet, but i thought it could be the rail pressure so i added the quad pressure box. thinking it would help. but noticed nothing at all.

could it be cp3? i should be supplying enough fuel to the cp3. so im guessing its post fuel supply.

the quad box may ask for more pressure from the CP3, but if the CP3 can't support the flow at that pressure, it's not going to happen.

is it my cp3 maybe? i still have stock injectors. Dodge Fuel Boss from SP Diesel. anyone heard of this? would this help. i come off the line like a monster than just die way too soon. if it is the cp3 would the arson kit work for now? im gonna wait for injectors until one goes down. is the bdtd shutting the fuel down? egts never went above 1400 which was surprising.

I wouldnt wait till your injectors get totally trashed. It will cost you way more in the end. Get them built by Don and it may help save your injectors.

pull some low end fuel out of it so that you don't drain the rail so early... If I crank up the torque on my TST and smoke-show when I romp the throttle, it falls off up high