Mike Wood NX Mustang at the Texas Mile update!

What happened at the 2:06 mark? He hit something?

What happened at the 2:06 mark? He hit something?

The factory fiberglass A pillar cove exploded. In the picture I posted you can see intact, broken, and then 200mph+ taped.

Car looked good going down the track. Congrats on the 200 mph run. Will y'all be at the Oct. event?

last year i believe greg said it uses about 12 lbs per pass.... crazy

I am not sure but that sounds about right. Mike can make 4 1/4 mile passes on one bottle. But the mile is different. He was at WOT for just over 23 seconds according to the datalogs.*nx*

More vids!

Finally got a chance to edit them up.

Pass 2
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeBcUiXcP5E[/MEDIA]

Pass3
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PW5cNmydG0[/MEDIA]

Great videos thanks for posting. A quick question on the launch, the white smoke, is that caused by the NOS? Guess I figured there would be a least a little black smoke?

Great videos thanks for posting. A quick question on the launch, the white smoke, is that caused by the NOS? Guess I figured there would be a least a little black smoke?
Nothing to do with the *nx*. Tune up related. I did somethings to the tune (MAF and timing tables) to insure it would spool with the new much tighter converter. I probably got a little carried away with that but you dont get many chances at the mile.

Mike asked me from the time I started on the project last year to do all I could to prevent black smoke.

Nothing to do with the *nx*. Tune up related. I did somethings to the tune (MAF and timing tables) to insure it would spool with the new much tighter converter. I probably got a little carried away with that but you dont get many chances at the mile.

Mike asked me from the time I started on the project last year to do all I could to prevent black smoke.

Appears you achieved your goal. I may have missed it, but which engine model did you start with? Also how big are the injectors? The intake manifold is that a totally custom one of a kind piece? I haven't been following this build until this tread so if this is all in another thread just let me know and I'll go dig it up. Thanks

I'm sure Mr. Woods is comfortable in his seating position. But from what I was taught and my personal preference is it appears he doesn't have enough bend at his elbows to properly be able to manage the wheel when things get loose.

I'm sure Mr. Woods is comfortable in his seating position. But from what I was taught and my personal preference is it appears he doesn't have enough bend at his elbows to properly be able to manage the wheel when things get loose.

Mike has been wheeling fast cars longer than I have been alive. He has competition license. David Wolfe built the car. Between the two of them I am sure they know what they are doing. He has over 10,000 miles and almost 50 passes in it. So I think it is fine. But I see your point.

Mike has been wheeling fast cars longer than I have been alive. He has competition license. David Wolfe built the car. Between the two of them I am sure they know what they are doing. He has over 10,000 miles and almost 50 passes in it. So I think it is fine. But I see your point.

I wasn't saying he's wrong by any means. And like you said, he has a clue. He looks very comfortable driving too, kind of like driving to Dairy Queen to get some icecream kind of comfortable. It just looks stretched out in the video.

here is a picture of him on the road

100_1896.jpg

a few pictures of the chassis at Mike's shop in his back yard.
100_1829.jpg

100_1834.jpg

100_1831.jpg

Beautiful car for certain but that roll cage is a death trap on the road (meaning no helmet). A very good friend of my father's was killed in a 30 mph. crash in a pro-street Opel from a "funny car" cage such as that. I was young when it happened but I remember my Dad being very upset because he had helped fab the cage in the car.

So, shooting white smoke is ok? :) :poke:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8OP1HQrEg[/MEDIA]