Monster vp 44

this post was destined to fail when he said "my parents wont help me buy a ppump conversion so im going to make a 1000hp vp44". im shooting for 1000 too. but i live by the saying shoot for the stars and land on the moon. so im going for 1000 but going to hit high 500's. talk to left coast diesel. they have a lot of good info. adam seems to know everything about the vp trucks.
so what if someone put a vp44 with a 6.7 short block? wouldnt that be like a cummins strocker and just put a monster pump with huge injectors and the correct injectors and lines? and use two huge turbos and just clamp the hell out of the head so it doesnt blow off the block? just a idea.

Monster pump mike has done this

What do you have done to your truck now that would make you go to the monster pump???....hang on to that 40 ..I heard you say something about a ht3b and if you combo those they have been estimated at 70psi plus and over 700 hp but you probably will need bigger for a 1000hp.

I got an 01 with a hotrod pump and like it alot but I am only looking to get about 750 out of mine....

What companys make these monster pumps so I can research them more. Dose anyone have a link to any websites about them if so can you put a link up thanks...

Mike @ M&J Tool and Fab is the designer and maker of the pump, his website is still down i do believe but if you have any questions call him 4192371521, Redline Diesel and Farm Boys Diesel and Enterprise Engine Performance are three companys that sell his pumps and injectors

Yeah, if you put a 2x2 block of wood under the gas pedal.

40's tend to grenade with regularity.

Here is a bit of advice:
Going cheap will cost you more in the long run.

You will not make 1/2 of your goal HP with a 40, and there is no need to buy a monster until you max out on air and fuel from an SO. Your money would be better spent buying a decent charger that isn't junk and a decent set of sticks. Hopefully when you pop that 40 with your 400 HP mis-matched combo, you wont send the compressor wheel through the motor requiring a tear down............. If you don't believe it is possible, ask Racin Duallie about hx40 reliability on a VP truck.

what is your problem with me? yes i do have injectors and i will be upgrading them right when i get out of school and get a good job. and ya i know i bought a cheep charger for now to last me threw school. and i got the monster pump cuz my SO pump has a horrible fuel knock. oh and aslo if you read above i have an ht3b for when i have the time and money to twin it. oh and did i ever say i was going to try and hit 1k hp with an hx 40? sorry im limited to money right now and cant buy everything at once.

"I need a monster pump."

"Why?"

"So I can reach this goal I have."

"Have you done all of the other stuff you will need to do?"

"Nope"

"So, you really don't need it yet?"

"No, but I like the name and think the lope will be cool"

On EDIT:

Do you even have injectors???

Jesus.

what is your problem with me? yes i do have injectors and ya i know i bought a cheep charger for now to last me threw school. and i got the monster pump cuz my SO pump has a horrible fuel knock. oh and aslo if you read above i have an ht3b for when i have the time and money to twin it for now. i will be going to bigger chargers later so dont think im crazy. oh and did i ever say i was going to try and hit 1k hp with an hx 40? sorry im limited to money right now and cant buy everything at once. would you like to add anymore smart ass comentary towards me sir?

Last edited:
this post was destined to fail when he said "my parents wont help me buy a ppump conversion so im going to make a 1000hp vp44". im shooting for 1000 too. but i live by the saying shoot for the stars and land on the moon. so im going for 1000 but going to hit high 500's. talk to left coast diesel. they have a lot of good info. adam seems to know everything about the vp trucks.
so what if someone put a vp44 with a 6.7 short block? wouldnt that be like a cummins strocker and just put a monster pump with huge injectors and the correct injectors and lines? and use two huge turbos and just clamp the hell out of the head so it doesnt blow off the block? just a idea.

the only reason my parents had to help with the pump is because i quit my job because im leaving for school in less than a week. when i get back everything will be out of my bank.

i will aslo add i belive in a previouse statment i made i said i would be shooting for the 1000 hp mark in a year or so. not right when i get this pump..

Sandman,

I after the same goal here. I do think 1000hp is possible on a VP truck running only fuel.

Here's the deal. The VP (monster, hot rod or whatever) is limited on flow and pressure but that's okay. Mathematically it flows enough fuel to produce 1000hp, i.e the btu value of the maximum flow rate of fuel is enough to produce 1000.

Now just jammin a better pump, big injectors and a big turbo ain't going to get you there.

Hitting 600-700hp on a vp truck is pretty easy and can be done without going bankrupt but, going from 700hp to 1000hp is gonna cost some bucks.

Here is what I think will be needed for me to hit that mark.

Full port and polish head with larger valves.

Larger low restriction intercooler, possibly liquid/air intercooler to really get a good , cool dense charge of air into the cylinders.

A cam shaft at the very limit of lift and duration ( its gonna be a roller)

Balanced, lightened crank, rods and pistons.

All though everyone in there right mind loves rolling the coal and flogging out unsuspecting import racers, that smoke is one thing, unrealized horsepower. I can't even count how many 600hp VP trucks that are out there that are still blackening the skies even when they are on top of their turbo. That means there is still fuel to burn.

Shoot for and efficiant engine, not just one with big sticks, and turbo. 1000HP can be done.

im just giving you ****. i am rooting for any one who owns a vp truck to go to the 1000hp mark. is it possible to get a non gated housing for the hx40 and run a tail44? that would be a good upgrade for the charger.

what is your problem with me? yes i do have injectors and ya i know i bought a cheep charger for now to last me threw school. and i got the monster pump cuz my SO pump has a horrible fuel knock. oh and aslo if you read above i have an ht3b for when i have the time and money to twin it for now. i will be going to bigger chargers later so dont think im crazy. oh and did i ever say i was going to try and hit 1k hp with an hx 40? sorry im limited to money right now and cant buy everything at once. would you like to add anymore smart ass comentary towards me sir?

i think Tim is trying to help you out but telling you a monster and going to be a complete waste of money until you have the rest of the package.......i still can't believe mike sold you a pump without his injectors, and changing a 35/40 to a 40 is a complete waste of time and money, you will see no gains

please keep in mind a lot of people on here have been playing with these VP trucks for a long time and can help you a lot, and save you HUGE money if you take the time to read and ask the right questions

i am not sure if you have any idea what it is going to take to hit 1000hp in a VP truck.

save your money take some time and read and talk to the pro's who can help you reach your HP goal

IMO your better off with the pump you have until it dies and have 20-30k in the bank and do your build the right way the first time

i am only telling you all this because my-self (and i am sure a few others) have spent TONS of time and money doing things 2-3 time over when we should have done it right the first time.....were only trying to help

Scott

i think Tim is trying to help you out but telling you a monster and going to be a complete waste of money until you have the rest of the package.......i still can't believe mike sold you a pump without his injectors, and changing a 35/40 to a 40 is a complete waste of time and money, you will see no gains

please keep in mind a lot of people on here have been playing with these VP trucks for a long time and can help you a lot, and save you HUGE money if you take the time to read and ask the right questions

i am not sure if you have any idea what it is going to take to hit 1000hp in a VP truck.

save your money take some time and read and talk to the pro's who can help you reach your HP goal

IMO your better off with the pump you have until it dies and have 20-30k in the bank and do your build the right way the first time

i am only telling you all this because my-self (and i am sure a few others) have spent TONS of time and money doing things 2-3 time over when we should have done it right the first time.....were only trying to help

Scott

i cant agree more! ive spent about 4000 bucks that was a total waste. this was before i had any clue there was a diesel forum and all i ever new of was edge banks bully dog and bd. plan everything out first. if you cant afford to do trial and error then know everything you need and save for it. dont buy something then realize it was a total waste and end up with a 400hp tuck that has mismached parts. some people get minor upgrades then realize they want more. since you already know what you want wait till everything is inline and planned then bomb it. call left coast diesel

Yeah, if you put a 2x2 block of wood under the gas pedal.

40's tend to grenade with regularity.

Here is a bit of advice:
Going cheap will cost you more in the long run.

You will not make 1/2 of your goal HP with a 40, and there is no need to buy a monster until you max out on air and fuel from an SO. Your money would be better spent buying a decent charger that isn't junk and a decent set of sticks. Hopefully when you pop that 40 with your 400 HP mis-matched combo, you wont send the compressor wheel through the motor requiring a tear down............. If you don't believe it is possible, ask Racin Duallie about hx40 reliability on a VP truck.

"I need a monster pump."

"Why?"

"So I can reach this goal I have."

"Have you done all of the other stuff you will need to do?"

"Nope"

"So, you really don't need it yet?"

"No, but I like the name and think the lope will be cool"

On EDIT:

Do you even have injectors???

Jesus.

I have personally witnessed no less than 6 HX-40's pop from overspeeding and nitrous use. Granted this was back in the day when the HX 40 was still being called a hybrid turbo. We were pushing these sucka's to wring out whatever we could from them. The magic number on them seem to be right around 38 psi. After that you are wasting energy and taking the 40 beyond it's map.

They are a decent-CHEAP- turbo for the money- but you need to control the surging and overspeeding, the shaft in them are puny by todays standards. Few have modified them using S300 goodies. HX40's lend themselves to be a great economical turbo in a twin configuration. You just can't lay into them too hard- broken compressor wheels will go through your motor. Fact. Been there done that- wrote the book and got the t-shirt.:hehe:

There are 1000+hp fuel only VPs coming this year, sit back and enjoy! or better yet, join sandman and build your own!:rockwoot:

Let this be known, I am going on record- right now- by stating that there will NOT be a 1000hp laid down on fuel only with a VP pump.:thankyou2:

Sandman,

I agree with the guys telling you to hold off on the monster pump. At this stage you wont need it. The bad thing about our VP trucks is we cant control injection pressures so the way we make power is by going bigger and bigger on the injectors. The injectors you need to make high power arent going to be streetable, you will be smoking at idle and any throttle will produce enough smoke to get a gross polluter ticket.

swapping injectors is something you are going to end up getting really good at. you have your set for the street and the set for the track, unfortunately there is no way around that. That also comes into play for your turbo selection, you are going to want something big to try and clean up your track injectors but something small enough to be able to build boost on your street injectors, this is the problem with building a dual purpose truck.

Why bother trying to help these people, they already know it all, the guys who have been doing this for 6-7 years have no knowledge that will help this kid. He has all the answers, just let him go to school for a year, and next year he will have the first fuel only 1000hp vp truck.

Why do people come on the forum and ask a question then argue with everyone who tries to give them advice?

Do what the government should have done to the car makers and let them fail. Then after they realize they can't do it alone, they will listen to your advice and think about it rather than spout off about "you don't know me or what I can do"

i am also selling turbo enlrgement fluid, guarenteed to increase the size of your turbo by 30%

Sandman,

I after the same goal here. I do think 1000hp is possible on a VP truck running only fuel.

Here's the deal. The VP (monster, hot rod or whatever) is limited on flow and pressure but that's okay. Mathematically it flows enough fuel to produce 1000hp, i.e the btu value of the maximum flow rate of fuel is enough to produce 1000.

Now just jammin a better pump, big injectors and a big turbo ain't going to get you there.

Hitting 600-700hp on a vp truck is pretty easy and can be done without going bankrupt but, going from 700hp to 1000hp is gonna cost some bucks.

Here is what I think will be needed for me to hit that mark.

Full port and polish head with larger valves.

Larger low restriction intercooler, possibly liquid/air intercooler to really get a good , cool dense charge of air into the cylinders.

A cam shaft at the very limit of lift and duration ( its gonna be a roller)

Balanced, lightened crank, rods and pistons.

All though everyone in there right mind loves rolling the coal and flogging out unsuspecting import racers, that smoke is one thing, unrealized horsepower. I can't even count how many 600hp VP trucks that are out there that are still blackening the skies even when they are on top of their turbo. That means there is still fuel to burn.

Shoot for and efficiant engine, not just one with big sticks, and turbo. 1000HP can be done.

i know just buying a bunch of parts isnt going to do that. i wasnt planning on it. i dont know where i said that to make you all think i was going to buy every part to make 1000hp ??

Why bother trying to help these people, they already know it all, the guys who have been doing this for 6-7 years have no knowledge that will help this kid. He has all the answers, just let him go to school for a year, and next year he will have the first fuel only 1000hp vp truck.

Why do people come on the forum and ask a question then argue with everyone who tries to give them advice?

Do what the government should have done to the car makers and let them fail. Then after they realize they can't do it alone, they will listen to your advice and think about it rather than spout off about "you don't know me or what I can do"

im not arguing im just saying give me time. i cant do it all right now. i know i need to do alot of work

Last edited:

Scott

Read Scott's words carefully.

:hehe::hehe:

I can spit all of the smartass commentary I choose. I can also spell and punctuate well enough that I look like I actually paid attention in primary school as well, but I digress....... You came on this board asking questions and you got answers. I cannot help the fact that you don't like them... Go ahead and slap your 3b Under that 40 and see where that gets you. I won't ruin the surprise, but it will be south of 1000 HP. But hey, what the hell do I know anyway???? I haven't been around powerful diesels very much to know better.