Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

World records?
I thought they just wanted to almost compare to the P pumps.
I know a guy thats running one and likes it, he has plenty of fuel.
It ain't no Ppump.
Torque managment is still holding him back though. (ECM)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just getting started. Who cares about a dyno?? I don't - how fast can ya go. PERIOD>

I hope you can get in some full blown 1/4 mile passes Gus. Your 92 mph in the 8th calculates out to 115 MPH in the quarter...

Give me a lil time - that pass was diesel only. I'll be going again Thursday and I'm going to get this truck into the 7.40's.

92 in the 1/8th in a fuel only 24v is old news. :rockwoot:

I honestly hope these pumps end up working out... would be nice to see the 24v guys be able to stay a little more competitive.

But I have serious doubts at this time.

If the pumps are working, why not do some dyno tests... would certainly help you gain some interest in these things. Right now seems like most are nothing but skeptical.

Just my opinion,

Chris

I'm guessing some people are missing the point - don't care anything about a dyno number which really means nothing. ET is where it's at - first pass at 93mph might be old new but not on the first pass.

No. We want dyno numbers. We want to see power increase. We want to see power curves. We wanna see the difference between a normal pump and a monster pump. A faster track means it's making more power, i agree. But it doesn't show how much more, where it's coming in at, where it's peaking at. Why are you so against a dyno? If the manufacturer isn't letting you then that's fine but tell us that.

Find me somebody close to me who wants to sponsor some dyno time and it'll be done - I want you guys to see but the point for me is I'm after something different.

farmboysdiesel said:
Find me somebody close to me who wants to sponsor some dyno time and it'll be done - I want you guys to see but the point for me is I'm after something different.

http://www.mcttp.com/

Its a dyno and diesel pull in Morgan's Corner this weekend. See if your vp44 can compete with the p-pumps and cr's that are going:poke:

If you're that hard up I guess I can cover your entry fee LOL :doh:

all these guys with pumps out there who swear they are the cats meow, but nobody can put up $70 for 3 dyno pulls to show any kind of numbers, all we hear is a bunch of comments about 1/4 throttle and the insane smoke, no electronics, easy launches, it pulls great.

I guess the insane price tag for a pump that smokes like shower head injectors is just too much for anyone to actually afford some all out runs at a track or on a dyno

I am with all you guys, there should be some quatifiable data on these pumps (if they actually perform). The dyno is the only real way to test the performance difference between the standard VP, HRVP, and monster VP. If I was the guy selling or making these pumps I would spend a couple hundred bucks on dyno time and do the swap, same truck, same dyno, same day. Seems like its all a bunch of smake and mirrors right now...... Who knows maybe it really does perform but my guess is that if it really delivered more fuel than the other pumps the high HP guys would be all over it.

Jetpilot said:
I am with all you guys, there should be some quatifiable data on these pumps (if they actually perform). The dyno is the only real way to test the performance difference between the standard VP, HRVP, and monster VP. If I was the guy selling or making these pumps I would spend a couple hundred bucks on dyno time and do the swap, same truck, same dyno, same day. Seems like its all a bunch of smake and mirrors right now...... Who knows maybe it really does perform but my guess is that if it really delivered more fuel than the other pumps the high HP guys would be all over it.

I do believe they perform, but I do agree that some back to back testing should be used to prove it. If anyone would have seen Darren Smiths truck run last year and then the beginning of this year you would be convinced. Unfortunately something has happened, his truck doesn't seem to be running like it used to, which falls in line about what people are saying about these pumps not having the reliability.

Ph4tty said:
http://www.mcttp.com/

Its a dyno and diesel pull in Morgan's Corner this weekend. See if your vp44 can compete with the p-pumps and cr's that are going:poke:

If you're that hard up I guess I can cover your entry fee LOL :doh:

Come down here and see for yourself if it will and I'll make sure that you understand just how hard up I am. :evil