Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

farmboysdiesel said:
Even when it happens nothing will be made public.
Good, I'm going to buy me a Monster pumnp now with those results!!!! LOL

I am a fan of electronics don't get me wrong, but I don't think fuel is the major problem with the VP44. It's the ECM that becomes the problem in the end. No matter how hard the vp fuels the ECM says "whoa nelli" at some point. I hear news of fueling to 3800, 4000....?? but really. Show me a VP44 controlled by an ECM that fuels into the deep 4's and I'll sway my opinion on the Ppumps.
Prolly have a hard time changeing my opinion on the Sigma though.:)

Snedge said:
Prolly have a hard time changeing my opinion on the Sigma though.:)

No...really:D

Love those Sigma's...can we get a group buy to get them cheaper?
Chris

Somewhere you guys missed the point where I gave a damn if you bought one or not. Just because I have one does that mean I have to prove anything about it - don't think so. Now - does that make sense. If you want to know so bad try it yourself. DONE

No, it doesn't mean you HAVE to prove anything...but if you don't want to catch crap about all the cheerleading you do about this pump, try and prove us wrong and shut us up;) Until then, stop ranting about how much it smokes, and how well it drives, or how much better it is...because for most of these people that have VP's, repeatable dyno numbers is the easiest way to quantify gains.
The fact that you took a brand new engine, that took a year to build, and made some faster passes than last year says nothing about this pump IMHO! It says something about your new setup, maybe...but the pump itself, not much!

Chris

Signature600 said:
No, it doesn't mean you HAVE to prove anything...but if you don't want to catch crap about all the cheerleading you do about this pump, try and prove us wrong and shut us up;) Until then, stop ranting about how much it smokes, and how well it drives, or how much better it is...because for most of these people that have VP's, repeatable dyno numbers is the easiest way to quantify gains.
The fact that you took a brand new engine, that took a year to build, and made some faster passes than last year says nothing about this pump IMHO! It says something about your new setup, maybe...but the pump itself, not much!

Chris

Tired of talking - ignorance is abundant.:clap:

farmboysdiesel said:
Tired of talking - ignorance is abundant.:clap:

Ingnorance: The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Thats kinda the way I see it.... No quantifiable data makes us all ignorant on this pump. This would include all parties running one because nobody is really doing and quantifiable testing.

Damn I have a widget that will make the VP fuel more than a monster VP, greatest thing since sliced bread and they are only $1000 ea. Come on guys just buy one and see how great they are for yourselves! :hehe:

Definition fits perfect - any pressure from me to buy nope. Doug what did I tell you the other day?? You guys keep yappin - stay in the dark and I'll keep on enjoying it.

Doug, will you charge me full price for said widget if I shamlessly plug it in the most platitudinal of terminology? Perhaps I could find an audince of folks that is undereducated in terms of VP44 technology so that I am less likely to be called out. Whaddaya say???

Timbeaux38 said:
Doug, will you charge me full price for said widget if I shamlessly plug it in the most platitudinal of terminology? Perhaps I could find an audince of folks that is undereducated in terms of VP44 technology so that I am less likely to be called out. Whaddaya say???

Tell us what you know about a VP44 please sir. Educated on oh high hp making one. :poke:

i just get tired of seeing the threads and hearing about these huge pumps and never seeing anyproof, you know TJ it is kind of like wade. at least gus did more than he did buy building a motor and it looks great, instead of just plugging in parts and bolting on others. i work in research and i always like to see results and steps to make things better.

I know enough to be dangerous Gus. And I also know that the proof is in the pudding. The only Monster VP truck I have seen on the dyno laid down some very lackluster numbers considering the hype that you(and others) built up for this little jewel. Hell, even your 1/8th mile numbers dont prove(or suggest) that this pump is anything special. I know that nobody will give any info out as to why this pump is "better" other than "better computer and upgraded internals" Well slap my ass and call me sally...here is my 3 freaking grand.... The tolerances inside a VP44 are down to .001. You cant just slap in some bigger plungers and get the job done. You can upgrade electronics internally and make a nice gain, but it is not anything that you cant do with a box.

You tell me that if you had been hearing about a product that was supposed to be the cats ass for over 6 months with beta testers all over the country, that you would buy into the idea without ONE single tangible bit of proof other than some smokey videos. I hope your pump is all that and a bag of chips, but I have my doubts that it is all it is cracked up to be.

I'll tell you this Gus. There is a pump capable of moving more fuel than a VP44... It is electronically controlled too.... but it sure as hell isnt a VP44.

farmboysdiesel said:
Somewhere you guys missed the point where I gave a damn if you bought one or not. Just because I have one does that mean I have to prove anything about it

If you dont want to prove anythnig, then shut the hell up about how wonderful it is.... Tell everyone you have an SO pump then. You have talked for months about how awesome the pump is and have yet to give us any concrete proof as to why it is better other than smoke videos. Lay down a number and we will all be Gus Farmer nut swinger's I am sure.

Why fight a loosing battle with VP's when you could put a P-pump on it?:bang

*** steps in long enough to capture the situation pictorially ***
mt1114812009.jpg

I don't think he is trying to sell anybody this pump. Just because I put new windshield wipers on my truck last week does not mean I need to put dyno results on here and photos to prove they disperse the rain any better!

9 LIVES said:
I don't think he is trying to sell anybody this pump. Just because I put new windshield wipers on my truck last week does not mean I need to put dyno results on here and photos to prove they disperse the rain any better!
No but if you claimed they were the greatest thing ever, and then could not tell anyone why they were, we would doubt you as well.

I like Gus, we have talked on the phone on several diffrent occasions. But this "superpump" is someting that I would procure if I see factual data to back it up. To this point, I have seen no such data from anyone running one, and Gus tells us how great it is, then tells us to step up and buy one if we want to find out why. It appears that he does not even know why it is better.... This may be because he has no baseline to compare it to, but added smoke is no indicator of how much power you make, and he knows that.