My broken motor pictures

Widower :poke: :hehe:

Man, that's just sick......

That cam would make a good testbed.

RC, what psi were you coming out at? any plans you care to disclose on your new motor?

I made 3 passes that day trying to get my short track down.I try to leave at 25lbs. of boost but I was having traction problems so I was leaving at 20lbs. of boost.I have a few tricks for the new motor but I would like to keep them quiet till I make sure it works.

That's pretty crazy. Amazing that it ran until you turned it off yourself!

RCCX said:
The 6th picture from the top is whats left of the #4 piston.It was still in the cylinder when we pulled the head.I believe the piston broke at launch due to heat.
I was trying to figure out what that was. LOL

Well RC, all I can say is nice work. Thats the way to bust 'em up. I gonna guess the piston died first. Then the rod wanted out.
Good luck on the build up.

Forgot to ask, that was stock bottom end right?

Last edited:
So thats two F1 helix cams in existance that have failed. I see a trend here... J/K (inside joke for those that have read the 300 pages or so of replies to the cam post.

Were you running stock pistons and bottom end?

Whole motor was stock with the exception of the cam and springs.The cam is still good if someone has a 3 cylinder cummins.

just weld it back together and grind it back down...you will be the first ever to have a formula 1 "reground" cam!

I think I am going to make a table out of the block and parts,I think my wife is going to love it.:hehe:

RCCX said:
Whole motor was stock with the exception of the cam and springs.The cam is still good if someone has a 3 cylinder cummins.

Darn...I was wanting one for a 4BT:D:D

Chris

that would be one heavy table RC! just hope you don't ever move, or it will suck to move!

The Scary Part is,..

Last time you blew one RC you came back with one with twice the power,.. if you manage to double up on this last one,.... WEW!!!!:clap: :bow: :bow:

That really isn't "THAT" bad. I had a 12V in a sheepfoot roller throw 3 rods. Knocked the P-pump,starter,etc.... about 40 feet away from the machine. Did you look into the guy wanting to buy a junk CR?

i would re-use the block and put lexan over the viewing holes now for easy inspection of your rotating assembly HAHA

getblown5.9 said:
i would re-use the block and put lexan over the viewing holes now for easy inspection of your rotating assembly HAHA

You laugh. But I've always wanted to build a clear block so I can actually watch the parts rotating and the cylinders firing and what not. I think that would be awesome.