my cummins conversion

not really. got most of the front end put back on during the week. Work schedule has been absolutely insane. Maybe get to do some on it tomarrow after I get off of work. I've gone through 3 sets of mounts and hate them all. going to ttemp a set of mounts in till I can get with Aaron at HD fabrication and see if I can get him to find time to build me a set out of johnny joints. They have a 30 degree pitch in any direction and I think that would be the best solution in the event of pulling the driveline without binding motor mounts. Aaron is running that setup on his nastruck and its unbelievable the amount of room he has to work with.

got everything figured out except the cruise control. Need any and all ideas to resolve this issue.

went from 7.3 idi turbo and e40d to 12 v and nv4500. not sure where the signals from what are suppose to go to where.

yeah he's a blast to have around. Got it started today. smokes white real light at idle and gets heavier as it goes up in throttle. about 3/4 throttle it starts misfireing and smokes the whole damn shop out with with raw fuel. Got to wire up the fuel sylinoid and altenator. Anyone got a diagram of what to wire what on the alt. its a dodge alt. seen one done with a external reg. off of a chrystler. By the pic the ford and chrystler is the same. Need input if you got it guys. Thanks

IMG_0992.jpg
IMG_0988.jpg

ok. so I got the truck running and it is awesome!!!!! now the biggest problem,, I hit 40# of boost and the driver intercooler boot has blown off twice. hairsprayed it and still blowing off. need ideas!!

Go get u a good can of john deere brake clean clean ur boot good gottaa be fast and also clean ur pipe with it it will be super tack don't spray too much or u won't have any paint left

Are your clamps holding the intercooler piping to the boot in good shape? Do you have a bead welded around the end of the pipe to give the clamp something to hold against?

its 0 2000 super duty intercooler so it has the ring casted into the pipe. i read somewhere to use aluminum paste, but where the hell would you find something like that. I think ill try try the brake cleaner trick cause I know where to get that.!

boot might be flaired out

might wanna go with some aftermarket ones, had same problem, went to some PDR ones, no problems at 70 psi of boost on my old 12V

also went with those spring loaded clamps, expensive but worth it

RIck

x2. If you are using a Superduty intercooler, Bob at Dieselsite can set you up with some excellent intercooler boots, and spring loaded clamps. He has the right size boots to drop from 3.25" on the intercooler to 3" (assuming thats the intercooler piping size you have).

had to splice intercooler tubes together. lowers are powertstroke and uppers are cummins

napa sells aftermarket boots....... my alt is a pa performance one wire 12 volt key on and one to the batt done!

ok, so the truck was a short lived fun. drove it about a week and blew the tranny out. only got 4th gear. so out it all comes again. lost the lift pump so replaced it and now I went from 40# of pressure to barely 20#. whats up with this and how do I crank my pressures back up to 40 or better? Running a holley black e pump and mech. lift pump. Overflow valve is good and came off od fl-80 freightliner.( actually the whole motor came from a freightliner after I ran the cpl# off of the pump. Thanks aaron for looking up that pump for me also.)

Ok, here is a three month update. Clutch is gone(go figure) and the turbo takes forever to lite. need ideas for different turbo. put 4k springs in and bumped timing up to 18.5. soon as new clutch is in I can put the fuel back to it. dam its a fun ride!! even got me a mustang gt from 65-90!! (ran out of gear)