My first 12v manifold build

I would personally purge with 100% Argon, i think u will get better results. Im in the process of making one exaclty like u have urs laid out there. Im going T-4 Looks good so far!

I'm actually going T-3, going to use it with my twins. Might have to modify my primary brace, but that should be easy enough. Looks like its going to stick out a little further.

I think anything but oxygen is usually ok to purge with, but I'm no expert. The bottle is actually currently filled with argon/co2 mix for welding lol. I was gonna trade it on a nitrogen filled one. Plus I like the other uses of nitrogen for tires and A/C work etc.

Stainless steel headers.com (no spaces) makes them also. It's ~$40 for steel flanges for 12 and 24, not sure about the cost on stainless, haven't ordered any from them.

What thickness, my flange is 1/2" thick, maybe I went overkill? 3/8" would maybe have been fine? Oh well.

Got this done in about 2.5 hours this morning. Ran out of straight pipe and still waiting on flange to come in the mail.
a8amu3em.jpg

na2etuqy.jpg

qe3y7eny.jpg

4u6y2aby.jpg

upymyhaz.jpg

6y6urebe.jpg

That looks really good it almost makes me want to build another one so I can improve a little bit.

Studs I got from McMaster-Carr, yes it is TIG welded. I can measure the length if you want me to when I get home.

They are M10 x 1.5 pitch(I think), they measure about 20mm on one side and ~18mm on the other side with ~10mm of blank in between the two sides. The nuts are ones with the washers attached. Got some more done today on mine.

u4asyqu4.jpg

ape9eget.jpg

4y8uqymy.jpg

Looks like its fairly close to stock.

Back