N.E. Ohio Diesel Outlaw Drag Race

crzycowboy said:
I need to talk with 2 people, but I'm thinking we will do a bracket race instead of the original plan of heads up. The idea behind this event is to show the track owners that there are enough trucks to have a full event next year, with maybe a sled pull to go along with it. Remeber this event is piggy backing with the Ford VS Gm race going on that weekend...I belive the race's will start at 1pm. Gates open at 9am.

I think you'll definatley have more trucks show and compete if you have bracket racing.

Any thought of having a GR Stack show and shine? :poke:

My $41 priceline hotel bid for the painesville area didn't go through. :doh: I'll keep trying.

We're getting closer people! If you northern boys can't make the race in Florida, we got this race going on! Got some cash you can win, and a burn out competition you can woop on some mustangs with! :evil

OK, this was supposed to be a heads up race...but now by popular demand we will be running a bracket race instead. This way everyone has a chance to win the cash....just don't break outta time, and it'll be all good! Come on out, and enjoy the day!!!

Tick, tick, tick, tick.....time is countin' down! So how many northern boys and girls will there be able to make this event? I know we have the big NHRDA event in Florida Saturday, but I also know there are probably some people who couldn't afford that drive! (like me...LOL) Are we gonna have some Competition Diesel peeps out there to try and win some $$$$$$?

My trucks running!! Lavon's truck just pulled out of the shop two minutes ago & he's running too. Hopefully I'll find a trailer to get us up there. I'm a trailer queen. :aiwebs_018:

joefarmer said:
My trucks running!! Lavon's truck just pulled out of the shop two minutes ago & he's running too. Hopefully I'll find a trailer to get us up there. I'm a trailer queen. :aiwebs_018:

Good news Brandon! :rockwoot: Good luck finding a trailer!!

joefarmer said:
I'm a trailer queen. :aiwebs_018:

What's wrong with being a trailer queen? I like to think of it as "being prepared" for the inevitable. LOL

Double J said:
What's wrong with being a trailer queen? I like to think of it as "being prepared" for the inevitable. LOL

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:...best thing about it is when you pull in the other people wonder..."why in the H-e-double hockey sticks is that thing on a trailer".....LOL psycs them out.....LOL

I hope like heck this drag race is packed to the gills for you guys. I know when we went to Thompson, there were ~26 trucks and we had a blast. The track crew is great. Good luck to everyone in attendance!

Thanks Eric, I know when I talked with Jim Curtis (track manager) he was interested big time in getting some DHRA and or NHRDA sanctioned events out there. He's event looking at putting in a sled track...:evil I'm going to talk to him alot Sunday before the race to see what I can do to get some big events out there next year....that is if the DHRA, and the NHRDA are down with that....LOL

EMcBride said:
I hope like heck this drag race is packed to the gills for you guys. I know when we went to Thompson, there were ~26 trucks and we had a blast. The track crew is great. Good luck to everyone in attendance!
I had a ball that day! It was my first DHRA drag event and I remember trying to launch the 5-speed. I'm looking forward to it!

crzycowboy said:
Thanks Eric, I know when I talked with Jim Curtis (track manager) he was interested big time in getting some DHRA and or NHRDA sanctioned events out there. He's event looking at putting in a sled track...:evil I'm going to talk to him alot Sunday before the race to see what I can do to get some big events out there next year....that is if the DHRA, and the NHRDA are down with that....LOL
You know DHRA is up for something going on at Thompson! I have to admit there is a little pub in Whilloughby that I'd like to visit again, LOL! I'm trying to swing it to go up there Saturday, I have to be in Columbus for Irish Fest on Sunday:Cheer:

Cool to know Eric! Hope you can make it, I'd like to meet ya. Plus it's always helpful if the associations are on hand to answer any questions the track manager may have.

Says gates open at 9:00 am.
When to eliminations begin?

If I do make it, I can't stick around all day.
Baby still has not shown up yet.:doh:
We're waitn for a room to open up in the Hospital now...

I'm not sure when they'll start Jim. I'm thinking 9:30 is when they'll start runnin' down the track. Congrats on the new baby Jim!! :woohoo:

:woohoo: this Sunday....:woohoo: I tell you what, I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park....:woohoo: :tree: :woohoo:

Well, how'd it go?
I was at the hospital all day w/wife and baby.
Truck's in pieces again anyway...
Can we look forward to another event there?

DZL JIM said:
Well, how'd it go?
I was at the hospital all day w/wife and baby.
Truck's in pieces again anyway...
Can we look forward to another event there?

Um...it didn't happen....rained out :bang I have to look at getting another date there....they wanna do the 18th of August, but both Bill and I will be outta town. I was thinking of another weekend maybe the 2nd of September,....but there is a HUGE NHRDA event going on in Jersey that day...:bang....I'll get er worked out. Oh, and Congrats on the new baby Jim!!:rockwoot: :cheer:

Back