N.J. Diesel Truckin Nationals- This weekend......

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
@ Old Bridge Twp. Raceway Park. :rockwoot: Biggest Diesel event up here in the Northeast, Who's going?

I'll be a hired shoe in a mid 12sec. Dodge, that a friend was medically told not to attend, :doh: he is seeing double vision currently, and I feel for him as he's been gearing up for this event. And the doctors advised him NOT to run.:rules:

Sooooo, I'll see bout putting his truck into final round for him.....:evil :evil

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Anyone else going? Sure would like to meet some Northeast members if your going.:welcome: :lolly:

I said I'll "see" bout it, not predicting it!:doh:

tracks site says payout is $5000. to eliminations winner- $1000. R/U.

And I'll do what I can to get there.....

Last edited:
Dang, wish I could make it up there. I have to much on my plate for this weekend......

Dang Josh!! That sucks, anyone from Grand Rock gonna be there? Its a pretty big show......

DANG IT! Just re-read the payout deal and they are classing the pickups at EXP. and these are NOT eligable for the Eliminations Payout......:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :doh:

Only trophy. :rules:

That's ok though, I try and git him a trophy.:evil

RacinDuallie said:
I'll be a hired shoe in a mid 12sec. Dodge, that a friend was medically told not to attend, :doh: he is seeing double vision currently, and I feel for him as he's been gearing up for this event. And the doctors advised him NOT to run.:rules:

O.k. here's an update.....

This friends wife has put her foot down, on him going to watch from the stands, she's afraid he will get too excited and something might happen to his ticker......

He's reeeeeeeal depressed about it too.:doh:

He advised me to bring a trailer to pick up the truck, I said I could leave my 64 Fury street car at his place and take his truck to track and have someone video it, But I still don't feel right without him there:doh: :doh:

So its in his loving wifes hands now. I reminded him that she is only looking out for his best interests and his health, I said I would be here for whatever decision that comes about......

Feel real bad for the guy, he started talking about maybe having to sell his truck.......:doh: As if he can't see correctly he won't be able to enjoy having a bad ass street toy.....:(

Shame, enjoy your good health while you got it folks.........:thankyou2:

I'll update y-all if its a go or not.

Well here's another update,

Now I'm confused and torn with the responsibilities this guy has entrusted me with....:(

He called me up on the phone stating he and his wife went to his doctors office for him to get the clearance to attend the nats and the dr. flat out said NO WAY! :banned: He sounded very depressed about the news that he knew was coming....:bang

He wants me to come take his truck, bring it home, take it to the Friday nite test and tune. Then take it back again to my home and bring it Saturday to represent his truck at the Diesel Nats....

I just don't feel right about it without him being there. I know this guy thru a few pm's at another diesel site, and the present conversations being the only times I've actually spoken to him on the phone...... I feel bad for the guy as I know the hard work that goes into our rigs and he has told me stories about personally going to Suncoast and having Joe adjust his shift points and other dealings with Joe. As I related my dealings with Joe. And he has had his rig to my buddies shop- Autowurks Diesel- a few times, and we talked about that too. We both agreeing upon the stand up guys these shops are.

So I know and understand the guy has put his heart and soul into his truck for the sole purpose of diesel performance and racing.... I still am torn as to take his request and his trust in me and go represent his truck at the Nats. Or break his heart further and decline......

So I guess I'm looking for some advise:poke: :poke: :poke:

By the weather reports, it looks like a rainout for test and tune...... The nats is Saturday......

HELP!!!!!!:lolly: :poke: :poke: :bang

:bang :bang Here's another thought I just had.......

If the roles were reversed... I would be stressed out with super high anxiety upon hearing my truck start, and hearing it pull away from the safety of my driveway, knowing its going to get flogged at the track by someone I hardly knew.......:bang :bang

Daymn! :doh: :doh:

What does one do????:doh: :bang :aiwebs_029:

Wow man....thats a tough one......Not sure what I'd do in that situation.

Raccin duallie we were going to come but called up this week no nitrous and no slicks and after telling the guy what we had he said this show is not intened for you so we will not be making the ride.We will gear up for the pulls and drag racing at new england dragway next weekend

Jeff,

My feelings would be your friend did build it to run. As you said he may never get the chance to and if he is asking you to take it for him, I would.

How about get videos of every run, ask the track to at some point at the beginning of one of your passes, announce and briefly explain the situation (no big details)and to include a get well wish so that was caught on the video you take.

Give him the video for a keepsake.

If he really wants you to race it, I think I would have to do it. He could stress just as much knowing the truck didn't make it at all.

Just a thought.

Dang Jeff. Tough Call. Of course, a 1st place tropy can make a depressed guy feel alot better..........

I like what David said.....help the guy feel better by knowing he didn't drop all this money on a fast lawn ornimant.

Timbeaux38 said:
Dang Jeff. Tough Call. Of course, a 1st place tropy can make a depressed guy feel alot better..........

Yes it is a tough call. I'm actually honored that the guy entrusts me with his pride and joy. . . . .

Keep the feedback coming as it is starting to sway me into possibly running it. Although I don't like the fact that it has no F/P gauge monitoring that VP pump and that with the injectors he's got and the turbo he's got gets things hot FAST, does put breakage concerns on me.....

crzycowboy said:
Wow man....thats a tough one......Not sure what I'd do in that situation.

I did not end up running his truck for him, I didnt like the issues with no f/p gauge and 2 retorques on the o-ringed head and the fact that the pyro gets buried fast. Didn't want to have the responsibilities of possibly holding back. :rules:

But I did atend the show and it was AWESOME as usual!:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

The crowd was pretty large for the big show. Both sides of the stands were pretty filled up, and the diesel trucks rocked. The semi's were shined up. Those chopped semis with no expense spared on their builds were cool too.:rockwoot:

side by side Jet Rail action was AWESOME. The Xtreme Machine Jet powered semi was a crowd fav.

Then the monster trucks took the field:woohoo: That Superman truck was setting the pace, then Tom Mentz came out and thrilled all in the stands, til something broke on his rear steering hydraulics while doing a extremly fast doughnut which usually had 3 tires contacting the pavement:woohoo:

Grave Digger edged out Superman-(it was very close between those two.)
And Tom Mentz and his crew were able to fix his rear steering before the action got finished and it was him and Grave Digger for the final, Tom flat smoked Grave Digger, his freestylin over the cars, and 66" tall tires that were smokin while doing doughnuts were incredible!:woohoo:

Mystic Oil won for the best fleet. As all their trucks were in beautiful show winning shape! :bow: Hillwick had his fleet there as well and I bet he cannot wait for his custom 66 Pete to get completed. Hopefully next year it will debut.

All in all it was an awesome event worth the trip to those that traveled for it! The crowds were pretty dang large. Which is always great to see in itself!!!:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Back