NADM Clean Diesel Challenge

NADM Marketing

Dontnonuthin
NADM is proud to be the first association for Diesel Motorsports
to make a move for less smoke.

Starting in 2009, NADM will offer a “Clean Diesel Challenge” for our competitors at every event.

Specific details will be released but the intent is to encourage maximum performance with no smoke. NADM will select a nonpartisan panel for judging. A monetary prize will be offered to the winners with the accompanied promotion of achieving this standard. It’s meant to be fun, and challenging for the builders and tuners in the diesel market. This will be available at all drag races as well as sled pulls!

Winners will be posted on NADM web site and promoted with sponsors!

fastest and smokeless, hmmmm that will be a challenge for many. Ron I know you guys are still in the figuring out stage of this but, have you worked on what kind of requirements there will be ? There's a lot of ( semi ) stock trucks or completely stock that run ET and won't smoke at all. They may not be the fastest but, with zero smoke that gives an advantage.

I'd think you'd need to have trucks in this challenge that at least have changed injectors.... that's where the challenge of not smoking will play out

fastest and smokeless, hmmmm that will be a challenge for many. Ron I know you guys are still in the figuring out stage of this but, have you worked on what kind of requirements there will be ? There's a lot of ( semi ) stock trucks or completely stock that run ET and won't smoke at all. They may not be the fastest but, with zero smoke that gives an advantage.

I'd think you'd need to have trucks in this challenge that at least have changed injectors.... that's where the challenge of not smoking will play out

Ty-Still working on the details - Gene and David will be getting together at PRI to setup details. We didn't say zero smoke - we said cleanest - again, the technology available for the fastest and cleanest is on-going and as newer technology becomes available to competitors the cleanest will eventually become zero smoke! Right now it will be close to clean - visually!

It's going to be tough but according to some of our manufacturer's at the council meeting it can be done in tuning without a lot of loss of HP!

It is a challenge for both manufacturers and competitors - it's someplace to start!

I applaud this decision and hopefully the clean tech that I'm working with will become the new standard!

banks will be all over this one its sounds like right up their alley

NADM is proud to be the first association for Diesel Motorsports
to make a move for less smoke.

Starting in 2009, NADM will offer a “Clean Diesel Challenge” for our competitors at every event.

Specific details will be released but the intent is to encourage maximum performance with no smoke. NADM will select a nonpartisan panel for judging. A monetary prize will be offered to the winners with the accompanied promotion of achieving this standard. It’s meant to be fun, and challenging for the builders and tuners in the diesel market. This will be available at all drag races as well as sled pulls!

Winners will be posted on NADM web site and promoted with sponsors!

DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN RUN A LITTLE NITROUS OXIDE IN THE 2.6 CLASS TO HELP CLEAN UP THE SMOKE:woohoo::nos:

At this point the target audience is full bodied street trucks.

I will release the details shortly, but this is to challenge competitors to achieve the best performance with as little smoke as possible.

It's meant to be fun and a challenge.

. We didn't say zero smoke - we said cleanest - again, the technology available for the fastest and cleanest is on-going and as newer technology becomes available to competitors the cleanest will eventually become zero smoke!

The keyword there is TECHNOLOGY. Nitrous is not a substitute for technology in sled pulling.

If we paid for 2 entry's, could we run one truck twice in the same class? 1 with smoke and 1 with out.

Smokeless on "pump diesel" only (No drugs) is what I want to see. Just my 2 cents...

X2. It will be a Bottle Baby only class unless theres a rule.

I'm up to the challenge though...A responsive set of turbos & a little AFC tweaking.... Dont count the 12 valvers out just yet.

Leave it to the NADM to take the first steps in something that im sure in the not so distant future becomes mandatory. Nice job i guess were gunna need some more charger to clean up some smoke.