NADM Clean Diesel Challenge

I vote Dennis Perry if it wasn't on fuel only.LOL

If you want to bring technology into this, I think the sled pulls need to graduate from dirt to a basketball court style surface. This way the trucks won't get so dirtyLOL

Dennis

If you want to bring technology into this, I think the sled pulls need to graduate from dirt to a basketball court style surface. This way the trucks won't get so dirtyLOL

Dennis

Now Dennis, you are one to talk, when you gave up on your own tuner technology and went to sled pulling mechanical pump power!!!!:poke:

Now Dennis, you are one to talk, when you gave up on your own tuner technology and went to sled pulling mechanical pump power!!!!:poke:

That's because we were making so much power with our tuner technology that you outlawed our electronics with that 4000 rpm rule:kick:. Then you said we had to take a step back in technology if I wanted us to remain freinds with youLOL.

Dennis

Hey somebody had to get you off the propane, and I figured I may as well. An intervention so to speak.:hehe:
4000 rpm???? Have any racers went over 3000 rpm yet?:what:

Dennis

Seriously, we are taking steps to bring the sport into a mainstream standing and as stated this is not for all trucks but for those who has the technology to produce lots of HP with very little smoke!

After the NADM Manufacturer's Council meeting in Las Vegas last month, those manufacturers who attended (over 40) made this suggestion to start moving in the direction of clean smoke research for street division trucks.

Many of the manufacturers, tuners, turbos and fuel system manufacturers offered their expertise in helping any team who wants to try and accomplish the task for competition. The same companies offered additional $monies for those competing for the award!

Again, it's a start for those who are on the cutting edge of diesel technology that want to have fun to see what they can do in competition - and even get extra $$$$ for their efforts!

We all know many of the high horsepower classes produce smoke but most are trailered to events and used for exhibition and competition. This award is for the street trucks that the EPA and high profile companies are eyeing as a problem for the environment while they are on public roads.

We want to send a message our enthusiasts do care and want to keep the competition at the track and not smoking people on the roads of our country!

RK

Seriously, we are taking steps to bring the sport into a mainstream standing and as stated this is not for all trucks but for those who has the technology to produce lots of HP with very little smoke!

After the NADM Manufacturer's Council meeting in Las Vegas last month, those manufacturers who attended (over 40) made this suggestion to start moving in the direction of clean smoke research for street division trucks.

Many of the manufacturers, tuners, turbos and fuel system manufacturers offered their expertise in helping any team who wants to try and accomplish the task for competition. The same companies offered additional $monies for those competing for the award!

Again, it's a start for those who are on the cutting edge of diesel technology that want to have fun to see what they can do in competition - and even get extra $$$$ for their efforts!

We all know many of the high horsepower classes produce smoke but most are trailered to events and used for exhibition and competition. This award is for the street trucks that the EPA and high profile companies are eyeing as a problem for the environment while they are on public roads.

We want to send a message our enthusiasts do care and want to keep the competition at the track and not smoking people on the roads of our country!

RK

Ron,

If you are going to quote me aleast quote the whole thing....Sled Puller and myself were aggravating each other. By quoting part of a conversation you make it appear that we don't respect your efforts in clean diesel. With the exemption of our ProStrret truck we have been one of the cleanest teams in racing. Our 12.0 and et bracket trucks hardly have any smoke while running down the track.

Dennis

Ron,

If you are going to quote me aleast quote the whole thing....Sled Puller and myself were aggravating each other. By quoting part of a conversation you make it appear that we don't respect your efforts in clean diesel. With the exemption of our ProStrret truck we have been one of the cleanest teams in racing. Our 12.0 and et bracket trucks hardly have any smoke while running down the track.

Dennis

Appreciate the clarification Dennis - I thought you would be with us on this effort!

Thanx
RK

Any idea yet if this new class is going to be broken into "Spray" & "Fuel only" classes?

Might as well put Bowtie's on all the trophies;) J/K... Good step in the right direction guy's, even though the stands want to see the smoke!

We are setting the rules at PRI and will be submitting those shortly! Again it's a fun competition as well as a challenge for the technical competitor.

I have already gotten a few calls from the upper classes wanting to compete even though they are not included as street trucks! Great attitude and choosing to be a leader for the sport!

RK

IMO i think there should be a few prerequisite's for this class. Like you have to run a 12.99 or faster. Also no blue bottle's. The nos makes this class to easy!

We have had many questions about this exciting new challenge, and that is encouraging. :rockwoot:

The goal is to not smoke. The rules are not 100% complete, I am checking and rechecking my calculations. But here is the main portion of it for drag racing.

Any street legal full bodied truck can enter.

To start, we will have the challenge and limit it to 16 trucks per event. Trucks will make side by side passes being judged on emitted smoke, by people we select from the crowd. This will be on a scale of 1-10 for smoke level. 10 being dead clean, 0 being total blackout. This WILL be a subjective rating based on each individual judges opinion.

You will also be awarded performance points for your achieved ET based on a fixed scale I have developed. Currently, no performance points are awarded for a truck 14.7 seconds or slower and 10 points are awarded for anyone that can run a 10.0 or quicker. The scale drops 1 point for every .5 second. This may change as I "run through" some examples.

There is a 60 foot grace period (judging will start at the 60' cone) for now to give competitors time to get on top of their turbo(s).

Judge scores will be totaled, and averaged between them to determine the winner. In the event of a tie, ET will be used, and if there is still a tie, we will have the judges vote a winner.

I want to include N2O, but will need to see how I balance that with points. I will probably deduct points for N2O use. Why, this is a street class. It is designed to see how many of you CAN make street legal power cleanly. N2O is not legal for the street. But, we also want to encourage less smoke on the track, and N2O is good for that. It is easier to bolt on a NX kit than to match pistons, injectors, turbo(s) and tuning for clean power. I believe we should recognize that in some way.

We are calling this a challenge, because that is what it is. NADM wants to see if you guys can make power without the smoke. It's meant to be fun, and the guys that win it will be featured in our newsletter and website (and possibly other media) so we can share what this person did to achieve that victory. There are lots of people out there that want big power without the smoke. We should be able to provide some good examples of ways to do it.

Anyone competing in this challenge can still run the normal classes. Since this is one pass for each entrant, it should not interfere with your competition rounds.

Comments and opinions are welcome...

sounds fun Dave....

my only question, when do we start !! :tree:

Cool, now I can try out my new ATS diesel performance delete kit.:woohoo:

Seriously, should be interesting to what shakes out.

:clap: Sounds like fun!

(Anyone got a 12V AFC fulcrum they want to sell?? ;-)