Need more fuel!!!

Lostnwalmart

ok ok ok ok so i i figured it was about time i posted up a thread about my lil project. Its a 1994 single cab 2wd auto. i picked it up for 3700 and it was in great shape had some 70 hp injectors modified plate and afc along with a gear vendors and bd exhaust break. I bought the truck to be a play toy so im not concerned with issues like towing or fuel mileage this will be a street/strip rig only. This was the truck when i bought it
25549_1376763944940_1407095364_1041775_1393908_n.jpg

I then proceeded to take the wheels and tires i had from my old truck and mount then and i stripped her naked
24940_1341085045900_1194390105_30990243_5206424_n.jpg

I bumped the timing up to 16-17 degrees and ran her this way at the track. I got a 15.7 at 86 mph. Drove it like this until i blew up the overdrive sun gear and with a huge thanks to BBD i got it rebuilt with a sun-coast triple disc converter billet input, sun-coast hd rebuild kit, and trans-go shift kit. I also put some 191 dvs, 4kgsk and a rack plug in it, took it to the track to run it down the 1/4 mile and blew up my turbo first pass (it was maxing out my 50 psi gauge:doh:) and ran a 15.2 at 93mph. Well i was low on money and i have had a hx60w sitting around for years so i figured what the heck ill give it a shot as a single. I made up an adapter plate, exhaust and charge air pipe and wala
109.jpg

the turbo came off of a isx signature 600 series engine and came with a Titanium compressor wheel and a flow rate of around 130 lbs a min. The turbo has a 5 in v-band and i made a 5 in turbo back with a 6 in stack.
114.jpg

I found a nitrous kit on craigslist for $200 with a big solenoid and a 10 lb bottle i rigged it up with a main power switch and a momentary toggle to light the turbo at the track. I also managed to get my hands on some II 5X18 injectors to get some fuel to the truck. With this setup i have ran a best of 13.598 at 106.48
20101122064444.jpg

I plan on getting slicks, cal tracks, losing the hitch spare tire and actually getting a real lift pump other than stock on the truck and dual feed it. The most recent addition are some dv's i installed from robs diesel that are similar to 191s in top end fuel but smoke less and spool better. I plan on keeping you guys updated as i progress in going way to fast. :jump: end goal is 11 sec range
-Cliff

Awesome project man. After I get my puller where I want, I want to build a street/strip truck.

Pull the plate and gut the afc and throw some huge dv's and injectors in. That should get you some smoke.

Lol I dont think his title was for more smoke, just to rile everyone up haha.

do you have a fp gauge? what fuel system are you running?

Yep and its a completely stock fuel system right now. Fuel pressure starts to. Drop off above 2400. Ill be pulling the trigger on an airdog in the next few weeks

How did you manage to break the overdrive sun gear? Got any pics of the carnage?

Shifting with lock up as far as I know. It was the 4 pinion aluminum went to the 5 steel

That is one clean truck man! Looks great! Good luck on 11's, I think a lift pump will help you alot.

Shifting with lock up as far as I know. It was the 4 pinion aluminum went to the 5 steel

So you actually broke the planetary gear set, not the sun gear? Just clarifying. I'm building my 47RH right now and want to make sure I'm not overlooking any upgrades.

Back