Need more fuel!!!

Sweet project man. Hope to see you guys at track more. Good luck on the quest to the 11's

Sounds like a fun project! MPH is there for 12s already, keep with the updates!

Got a new style 181 /210 can from Zach on the way and I'm on the look out for some slicks. Wonder if I can skip 12's and go to the 11's:evil

20101219223545.jpg

Got the airdog 165 installed last night and also did a dual feed. Was just able to get enough hose from the air dig kit. Pressure is now at 50 psi idle and drops to 45psi at wot. Throttle response has increased and top end is amazing this feels like it added some serious power. Glad I for rid of the stock fuel system. The cam ships out today :pop: I got the limited series because its the same price as the new push lock kits but had the barb fittings which I just trust more.

My lift pump system upgrade added a little over 80 HP so I wouldn't be surprised if the new lift pump helps you pick up a few MPH at the drag strip.

Well just got done installing a Hamilton 181/210 (new design), did some port work on the head and the stock exhaust manifold, installed a new head gasket along with some studs. broke in the cam, some new 60lb springs,made it so i can easily adjust my waste gate (set at 60psi) and some smokems special dvs. broke in the cam and took it for a drive (going easy) i can now get 10 psi at 2k rpm which is about 400 rpm sooner!! it builds boost much faster now and it is far more drivable on the street an impressive feat for a 76mm hx60w. once the cam is fully broken in im going to set the valve lash a little tighter to .008 and .015. i cant wait till i can get into with the new toys. im thinking of bumping the timeing up to 20 22 degrees now and maybe even putting an afc back on it!! will hopefully have it on a dyno in a week or two.

Well When I put every thing together on my truck last week I noticed something.

327f00cc.jpg

My hx60 is the same overall dimensions as my new gt55 and would be a direct swap minus the adapter. So while my truck is down, injectors have been sent out to be reworked and I poped the head gasket, I figured I'd make up a t3 to t6 adapter and try the gt55 as a single. It will be an epic fail or work well. I plan to eventually put a gt40 over this 55 but this should be interesting to say the least.

1.18, so should be smaller than the hx60's ar ratio, but the wheels are completely different

That's a huge turbo with a pretty good sized housing to try and run as a single. It might not light till 3200-3500 rpm if you ran it as a single.

Maybe you could run 13 flat @ 130 MPH!

That's a huge turbo with a pretty good sized housing to try and run as a single. It might not light till 3200-3500 rpm if you ran it as a single.

Maybe you could run 13 flat @ 130 MPH!

*nx*

That's what people said about the HX60 too.

Oh and could a mod Chang the thread title to lostnwalmarts race truck build or some thing that doesn't get me like 15 pms on sending in my pump lol.

Back