Need Transmission

chriswelters

Just a kid
I recently burnt up the tranny in my 04 sd. Its and auto. I need some info and some guidance on rebuild kits or re maned trannys. Thanks in advance.

from what i heard on all the other forums NADP makes the best tranny for the 6.0

Suncoast rebuild kit, or if you have a good tuner just rebuild it stock again. The 5r110 in Stock form will hold 600-700 before it goes TU. Did you re gear with the lift and 37's?

Its not the aod tranny. its the other one that i was told isnt any good. sorry i cant remember the name of it im sure you know. I just got 4.30s in 2 months ago the tranny just started hesitating when shifting from park to drive.

Not if you have an 04 with a 6.0, and its an Auto, unless you changed it out, you have a 5r110.

I still have my stock 5R with the torque converter strapped to a pallet, ready to ship.
PM if your interested.

I bought a NADP because I thought mine was toast...even posted video of what it was doing....
Funny thing, actually, NOT SO FUNNY, was that the new NADP tranny did the same thing....until I took the truck in for a re-flash. So I'm pretty confident that there is nothing wrong with it at all.
It's being sitting inside for over a year and a half now...

Needs to come out. Until it comes out. You won't know what you will need. Rebuild kits won't come with everything. Which is why we do our own. The suncoast kit won't come with gaskets. And they don't have any hard parts if you need them. Take it out.

Thanks for all the help. I cant decide whether to have it rebuilt or to just get a re-maned on. I don't want to spend $5000, but on the other hand I want it to last for a long time and to withstand 500 hp, big tires and hard driving. The shop here...which is a good friend of one of my buddies dosnt want to warranty anything because of abuse. He would only warranty defects.

Could there be air in the tranny somewhere? I drove my truck Sunday and it shifted awesome, and it didn't hesitate to go into drive or reverse. Odd?

Back