New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

A brace, kind of like a "shock tower brace" commonly seen over the engine of many performance cars, that is tied to the link brackets on the axle and goes up & over the engine?? That sure doesn't look too easy to accomplish in this case. You have, and willing to share, a pic of yours?

It makes no bearing to me. I'm just genuinely curious and intrigued by yalls conversation and suggestions. Really appreciate and enjoy the openness you two racers are exhibiting here. :Cheer:

ed620e39fa0b7d28d0b261e1ade310b6.jpg

See how i used the tube between the brackets? It just gives them strength and prevents flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A ****, just a "spacer" between the plates. I gotcha. I was clearly way out in left field. :D

Thats awesome man. If you make it to any of the odss races on the east coast ill try to find ya. Its definitely starting to come together. Going to be one fast som b

I got the rear shocks installed last night... just upside down. Lol I should have the front shocks done tonight.

f3988fc3faa9e5df465483da0882e7e2.jpg

c4ba78e32906a16da6f9685f4866b837.jpg

7dd862fb71b93b0057bb3a870fe665b9.jpg

4082ae369ed41849e75f6c318dc0a4aa.jpg

Right on man, getting work done.

Trying to anyway, right after this last pic 2 injectors stuck wide open and killed the motor... had to push it back into the garage. I found the two and cleaned the nozzles, got it back running again. Hopefully that will be the end of it. I was freaking out a bit thinking I was about to need a set of $5000 injectors. :nail:

Looking dam good man.

Thank You sir!

Still hoping to test this weekend... its gonna take a hard push to make it. I need to remount the radiator and intercooler so all the hoses will fit, paint the cab and body panels, install the windows, build the back wall out of aluminum and install that, install the harnesses, lengthen the steering column, etc etc etc etc etc. :charger:

I really didn’t like the support bar and then my charge pipes and coolant lines didn’t fit right, so I spent tonight rebuilding all of that.

9a86b6041523bece5f57a234ff5c26db.jpg

Trying to anyway, right after this last pic 2 injectors stuck wide open and killed the motor... had to push it back into the garage. I found the two and cleaned the nozzles, got it back running again. Hopefully that will be the end of it. I was freaking out a bit thinking I was about to need a set of $5000 injectors. :nail:

I think anyone of us would be freaking if that happened, luckily it was an easy fix, whose injectors are you running?

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you! Looks like a sweet build so far!

I think anyone of us would be freaking if that happened, luckily it was an easy fix, whose injectors are you running?

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you! Looks like a sweet build so far!

They are DDP 135% overs. I appreciate it.

Not gonna make it to testing this weekend... I still need to paint the truck and install the windows along with a decent list of small things. I have been working until midnight, almost every night for a couple weeks now.

823d47f74bee39800c4eac5475e8f9d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color?

Semi gloss black... I hope to pick up some fiberglass for it this year when I am headed back from Schieds in Indiana, so I hate to paint everything twice.

Also, maybe by then I will attract some sponsers and I can wrap the truck. :rockwoot:

I see you’re using the heat function on that mini split.

Your damn close. Why is it that we garage wrenching goofs always run things down to the last minute and do our best work under a time crunch?

Back