New CB & SmartyPoD Mounted

ramctd

AKA RamWheelsBy4
I finally got my new Galaxy 979 CB and Firestik 4' antenna installed. Won't go into the fun trying to tune the antenna with a SWR meter that is broken:bang.

I decided to find a way to mount the SmartyPoD for easier on the fly use. Not exactly the easiest control module to mount in our trucksLOL. I will divulge the mount specifics for beer if interested.:Cheer:

I took some pics of the new installs and new cockpit look.

12_11_01_09_4_56_20_0.jpg

12_11_01_09_4_56_20_1.jpg

12_11_01_09_4_56_20_2.jpg

12_11_01_09_4_56_20_3.jpg

12_11_01_09_4_56_20_4.jpg

12_11_01_09_4_57_50_0.jpg

12_11_01_09_4_57_50_1.jpg

Now all you need is an extra set of hands to run all that stuff!! Looks good though

Looks Pretty Sweet. You could get a new headunit at some point to replace the GPS and phone mounts. Clear up some space but otherwise it looks awesome.

Good lord man, what do you do when something rings?:hehe: I love gadgets myself, but I decided to consolidate and I bought an Alpine in dash DVD player. Now I can have bluetooth, nav, sat radio, and ipod but all you see is the screen.

Good lord man, what do you do when something rings?:hehe: I love gadgets myself, but I decided to consolidate and I bought an Alpine in dash DVD player. Now I can have bluetooth, nav, sat radio, and ipod but all you see is the screen.

Well I would like that option, but limited funds and things just got added along the way:bang.

My next addition will be a vehicle video camera, that can be mounted and used multiple locations/directions. Sorta like the ones in police cars. They are self contained scandisk and small. I need to get some videos of my daily racetrack commute for YouTube. Racetrack I use going to work is Sam Houston Tollway in Houston Texas.LOL

Well I would like that option, but limited funds and things just got added along the way:bang.

My next addition will be a vehicle video camera, that can be mounted and used multiple locations/directions. Sorta like the ones in police cars. They are self contained scandisk and small. I need to get some videos of my daily racetrack commute for YouTube. Racetrack I use going to work is Sam Houston Tollway in Houston Texas.LOL

lol, I know the feeling man, I was freaking out when I got my HU. I used to have the same deal, with screens, switches, lights, and I still love it all but it was cool to have a little change. My friends called my truck the "spaceship".:hehe: I am sure you get the same.

Houston tollway is crazy, I went once and I dont ever want to go back... I thought 80 was speeding, until I got passed by some lady doing her makeup, eating a taco, talking on the phone, driving with her knees.:doh: I would love to see some of those videos.:rockwoot:

Question for ya RAMCTD. Am I looking at this correctly? Did you relocate your HVAC Controls?? How deep of a project is that?? I was lookin to go with one of those "cubby hole" pods for myself, but almost decided against it til i just noticed that...

Question for ya RAMCTD. Am I looking at this correctly? Did you relocate your HVAC Controls?? How deep of a project is that?? I was lookin to go with one of those "cubby hole" pods for myself, but almost decided against it til i just noticed that...

Yes I did move the AC Control module down to the cubby hole and installed the gauge pod in the upper opening. It is not all the difficult, but you do have to make the cubby hole larger for the AC control to fit.

I removed the console bezel and AC control module completely. Made a template of the AC control module size out of cardboard. Lined it up on the console bezel cubby hole with the upper edge. Marked the cut that needed to be made on the lower part of the cubby hole. It is not much, maybe 1/8" on each side and 3/16-1/4" on bottom. I used a dremel tool and ground out to my mark.

I then used the holes and screws that held th cubby hole insert in place to secure the AC module. The bottom two holes lined up ok with module holes and I used a washer on the top two screws that line up outside the AC module to secure it.

After that the console pod install is normal just in the top hole.

Definitely easier to see the gauges than when they were on the bottom.

Wow, Ramctd and Speedshifts trucks look almost the same in the avatars except on is a dually and one is a SRW. Just a thought this morn.