New CB & SmartyPoD Mounted

Is that your cat on your phone background?

Yes it is, about a 10 month old kitten that weighs in around 13lbs already. Was last one left from a litter my daughter brought home with momma cat from Austin. Was going to give it away, but it has taken root.

It is a big pretty orange stripe with pure gold eyes.

Gotta respect a guy secure enough in his self to have a picture of his cat on his cell phone!

Truck looks good though..some people say i have too many gauges with the Edge A2, BD X-Mon, and Quad RPG. But you got me beat for sure.

Nice idea with the POD.

Gotta respect a guy secure enough in his self to have a picture of his cat on his cell phone!

Truck looks good though..some people say i have too many gauges with the Edge A2, BD X-Mon, and Quad RPG. But you got me beat for sure.

Nice idea with the POD.

Well the cat picture on the BlackBerry was my daughter's doing. The dog almost ate the camera last time I tried to take his picture:hehe: he wanted to play with it like the ball and tried to take it out of my hand.

Never too many gauges

Question for ya RAMCTD. Am I looking at this correctly? Did you relocate your HVAC Controls?? How deep of a project is that?? I was lookin to go with one of those "cubby hole" pods for myself, but almost decided against it til i just noticed that...

Yes I did move the AC Control module down to the cubby hole and installed the gauge pod in the upper opening. It is not all the difficult, but you do have to make the cubby hole larger for the AC control to fit.

I removed the console bezel and AC control module completely. Made a template of the AC control module size out of cardboard. Lined it up on the console bezel cubby hole with the upper edge. Marked the cut that needed to be made on the lower part of the cubby hole. It is not much, maybe 1/8" on each side and 3/16-1/4" on bottom. I used a dremel tool and ground out to my mark.

I then used the holes and screws that held th cubby hole insert in place to secure the AC module. The bottom two holes lined up ok with module holes and I used a washer on the top two screws that line up outside the AC module to secure it.

After that the console pod install is normal just in the top hole.

Definitely easier to see the gauges than when they were on the bottom.

Thanks, I'll be doin somethin right along those lines, awesome:D...

Pretty good looking set up. My old truck was real busy inside. You get over it after a wile. On that note, time to go buy the cb mount.

I liked how you mounted your CB antenna in your bed stake hole, did you buy the mount or make it. Also what kind of range do you get with having one firestik?

what is the point of mounting the smarty? jw i cauz i thought i was just a programmer so u cant adjust it on the fly anyway. or can u?

what is the point of mounting the smarty? jw i cauz i thought i was just a programmer so u cant adjust it on the fly anyway. or can u?

The SmartyPOD is adjustable on the fly. After loading program and options you can select any level of that power from 0-100 percent while driving.

i've got too much sh1t going on in my truck right now, guages mounted below the dash CB next to it about three different LED light switches for fog,off road,and reverse lights,who makes the dual pods that mount on the steering colum?

Where did you get your Blackberry mount?

Looks good in there BTW. Nice thinking on the PoD mount.

damn. i think i seen one in the summit racin catalog. i would go with the a pillar pods but then i'd have to take it out for inspection but the ones on the colum i could get away with

Back