New Duramax water pumps!

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Universal remote water pumps are made for racing or street applications where clearance may be a problem, but where the capacity and reliability of a EDP pump is preferred. They're machined from 6061 T-6 billet stock and may be mounted virtually anywhere near the engine, using a variety of mounts.

Universal Remote Mounted Water Pump
3/4" Pipe Thread One Inlet/Dual Outlet

Electric remote water pump

waterpump2.jpg

How much ? Very interesting. We have been thinking of going to an electric water pump.

Similar set up can be found on the Blowermax truck which is a daily driver and been holding up just fine.

Similar set up can be found on the Blowermax truck which is a daily driver and been holding up just fine.

I shot that truck for a feature... look for it to be coming to the pages of Diesel World magazine soon!!!:cheer:

How can 3/4" flow as much as the large rad hose feeding my stock water pump?

How can 3/4" flow as much as the large rad hose feeding my stock water pump?

It can't. However there are people running lower flowing pumps without major issues, but it would highly depend on what you're doing with the motor.

Stock Dmax pump is rated by GM at 80 GPM!

Last edited:
Water ciruclation can be controled better for all applications, as well as help reducing the risk of cavatation in higher rpms and wter pump gear failures.

What makes this pump a " duramax " pump? Meaning why couldnt it be used on other applications?

It is a universal waterpump so you can use it on anything its just that we have only used them on a duramax so far.

Water ciruclation can be controled better for all applications...

Really. Please explain.

I agree with the cavitation aspect of the stock pump at high rpms. But otherwise I don't agree that a smallish pump gives "better control" all by itself.

Like everything else in the Dmax world, seems pricey. How many gpm?

Last edited:
Really. Please explain.

I agree with the cavitation aspect of the stock pump at high rpms. But otherwise I don't agree that a smallish pump gives "better control" all by itself.

Pump can be set up with a simple resistor to change volume of flow on the fly. Also the ability to run the pump while motors is not running for cool down after a pass on the track.

Like everything else in the Dmax world, seems pricey. How many gpm?

Actually when comparing prices to the gas world it is very comparable withing a few $$. Generally the pump can flow between 37-70GPM depending on set impeller speed.

I really don't believe that pump will push 70 GPM through 3/4" fittings and hose.

Gates' website says even a 6-ft length of 3/4" hose would experience a pressure loss of 31 psi...the fluid velocity would be 51 feet per second and would consume 1.25 HP. Add in the fluid resistance of the block, and I just can't see it.

Even the big Meziere is only rated to 55 gpm and the inlets and outlets are much larger.

I really don't believe that pump will push 70 GPM through 3/4" fittings and hose.

Gates' website says even a 6-ft length of 3/4" hose would experience a pressure loss of 31 psi...the fluid velocity would be 51 feet per second and would consume 1.25 HP. Add in the fluid resistance of the block, and I just can't see it.

Even the big Meziere is only rated to 55 gpm and the inlets and outlets are much larger.

There is more factors then total volume.
At what RPM does the pump have to flow to reach the 80gpm through the 1.5" system and how often is the duramax motor at full volume and when it is at full potential volume how much cavitation is taking place?

Hate to break it to ya but this product was tested all last summer on numerous trucks and all trucks have scene water temp drops along with zero issues with cavitation or any concerns for that matter.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it doesn't work for what you used it for, but I'm pretty sure it won't push 70 gpm through the block, ever. Send me one and I'll prove it, and I'll eat my words and buy it if I'm full of chit.

The reason you're seeing the lower temps is the higher flow at idle and low rpm.

Yes similar but with less features. I am not asking you to spend your extra $50 on a product that was tested on and in the diesel world for over the past year in numerous situations. If you want to go and buy a CSR pump from summit or jegs Im not stopping ya.

I'm not saying it doesn't work for what you used it for, but I'm pretty sure it won't push 70 gpm through the block, ever. Send me one and I'll prove it, and I'll eat my words and buy it if I'm full of chit.

The reason you're seeing the lower temps is the higher flow at idle and low rpm.

So it seems you are trying to pick apart a product that we have released without your approval have you ever tested a Duramax pump to see if it actually flowed 80GPM? What was the RPM that it took to reach this number? At what point did the pump start cavitation? Sorry but there is more to it then total volume. Yes its obvious that we can flow a higher volume at idle but that is not the only reason behind this pumps benefits. We have scene where a 1" setup was just as sufficient as the 3/4" but raises the cost of the pump up and with the consumer budget people in mind you have to be able to sell the product at a decent price and have reliability which we strive upon on all products we release, Unlike many others where they will just release a product un tested.
This pump is rated to reach up to 70 gpm but in most cases will never go over the 50gpm and be more then sufficient in cooling.

So you're telling me that I can put one of these pumps on my 600hp Duramax, hook to a 25K lb. load and tow it up a 5mile 10% grade and my cooling system will maintain 190*F just like it does with the stock water pump?