NEW!! EFILive Diesel Training by StarLite Diesel

StarLite Diesel

EFILive Cummins Tester
Hello everyone!

Due to popular demand - we are back to bring you another round of EFILive Training classes covering your Duramax and Dodge trucks! Many of you have been patiently waiting for the announcement while I finished locking down the details - so thank you for the patience! These sessions will be either 1 or 2 days long (depending on you) and will include the "basics" class followed by an Advanced class on the 2nd day if you choose to attend both.

There are 2 locations for classes in June:
Amarillo, Texas (June 2nd-3rd)
Fort Dodge, Iowa (June 16-17th)

The class in Iowa is being held at Iowa Central College at the Fort Dodge campus.
The class in Texas is being held at a facility that gets us slightly outside the city limits, but with plenty of room and space for the outside dyno being brought in.

The "basics" course will cover the following, and will be a beginner - intermediate level training on diesel tuning of BOTH GM and CUMMINS - so there will be a little bit for everyone:

EFILive Basics - The software, upgrades, firmware
GM Duramax basics
Cummins basics
Dyno testing tunes created during the course on GM and Cummins trucks
Data Logging, both Cummins and GM

These courses are intended to give EFILive owners a leg-up with their own trucks and comfort level with using EFILive software.

I will be providing lunch and drinks, as well as special discounts on EFILive and other products from StarLite Diesel. The cost of the course will be $250 per person for the "Basics" course, and $300 for the advanced class if taken seperately, -OR- $500 if you register for both at the same time. Each class day is targeted to be approximately 7 hours.

There will be a course handbook provided to each person, but I am encouraging everyone with a laptop to bring it pre-loaded with the latest EFILive software. I will be emailing each person in the class a few days beforehand so they will have the chance to get this software installed.

If you have questions or suggestions, please let us know! Post em here or email us: contactus@starlitediesel.com

If you are ready to sign up, you will be able to register here: EFILive Diesel Training

Again, any questions please let us know!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am working very hard on getting right on the East coast -however the trick is always finding the 'right' setup. *IF* you have any suggestions as to a feasible location with a potentially willing shop or other facility where the class and dyno could be held so we can conduct the class - i'm all ears! PM me or email me with the info!

contactus@starlitediesel.com

I'm paid for both days!! Thanks Zach! See you then.

We will see you there man! I'm getting excited. People have been asking me for weeks to get this stuff posted, just had details to finish working out first but now we're rolling.

:Cheer:

I am working very hard on getting right on the East coast -however the trick is always finding the 'right' setup. *IF* you have any suggestions as to a feasible location with a potentially willing shop or other facility where the class and dyno could be held so we can conduct the class - i'm all ears! PM me or email me with the info!

contactus@starlitediesel.com

hey zach..twice a year theres a big dyno event in PA..there called the spring fling and fall brawll..spring fling just passed and fall is around sep..they have a big building, easily enough to sit 50+ people and have a dyno..close to 200 guys in the lot every year and about 70+ guys that dyno...if this sounds good to you ill make a phone call to some guys that run it..and see what we can do.....just a thought..:Cheer:

Mulisha

That sounds awesome... we'd have to schedule around the dyno event of course, but heck ya! Give em a call... and let me know any extra details about the event that you can too. I'd like to know more about it. Class size i'd still keep around 25-30 people so I can be effective with it - but would love all the details you can give me about the location, who i'd be talking to, etc....

Thanks!

-->Zach

Mulisha

That sounds awesome... we'd have to schedule around the dyno event of course, but heck ya! Give em a call... and let me know any extra details about the event that you can too. I'd like to know more about it. Class size i'd still keep around 25-30 people so I can be effective with it - but would love all the details you can give me about the location, who i'd be talking to, etc....

Thanks!

-->Zach

done deal, ill make the neccesary phone calls tomorrow and get back to you..this would be sweeet...:Cheer:

done deal, ill make the neccesary phone calls tomorrow and get back to you..this would be sweeet...:Cheer:

I think i'll be there either way. I've heard enough fun things about it, and have had some suggestions on how to promote my classes and things better that might just go hand in hand with the event.

It would be good for everyone to see EFILive in action - stock to wild - on a truck or two - so maybe I could grab one or two participants and throw them some tuning during the event, and then make changes and dyno the truck again (later so we're not clogging the dyno up) to see what tuning can accomplish. Or we do some comparisons for those in the crowd. Pick a truck that is running 'brand X' tuner, then throw some custom tuning at it and see where it gets us.

I don't know. Alot of these are ideas i'm stealing from others suggestions to me or what others have done, but I think after reading about this event it'd be a sweet deal to attend and have some fun at - even if we didn't do a class that weekend.

-->Zach

Last edited:
I think i'll be there either way. I've heard enough fun things about it, and have had some suggestions on how to promote my classes and things better that might just go hand in hand with the event.

It would be good for everyone to see EFILive in action - stock to wild - on a truck or two - so maybe I could grab one or two participants and throw them some tuning during the event, and then make changes and dyno the truck again (later so we're not clogging the dyno up) to see what tuning can accomplish. Or we do some comparisons for those in the crowd. Pick a truck that is running 'brand X' tuner, then throw some custom tuning at it and see where it gets us.

I don't know. Alot of these are ideas i'm stealing from others suggestions to me or what others have done, but I think after reading about this event it'd be a sweet deal to attend and have some fun at - even if we didn't do a class that weekend.

-->Zach

That would be cool Zach. Definitely would be neat to see some real world comparisons back to back on the same dyno same day.

I'll be back in the fall as usual with some new injectors, a larger turbo and if I can't get it dialed in by then I might be seeking some of your services.

Who has dates or details of the event? I've read of past ones - but i do have one possible conflict the very first weekend of October with our season closing event here. Outside of that, October and later is pretty much wide open. Would love any details that people can shoot my way! Pics, vids, etc would all be cool too!

Who has dates or details of the event? I've read of past ones - but i do have one possible conflict the very first weekend of October with our season closing event here. Outside of that, October and later is pretty much wide open. Would love any details that people can shoot my way! Pics, vids, etc would all be cool too!

Zach, if you are referring to our Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Club events, the Fall Brawl dates have not been set yet. I will be meeting with the shop owner to set the date in about a week or so. He's a drag racer, so the timing of our events revolve around his race schedule. If you are interested in contacting him, PM me the details of what you are looking to do and I can get it to him, as some times, he's hard to get ahold of during race season.

Thanks,
Ted

I just received my basics efilive handbook from Starlite diesel in the mail today . I do wish I had ordered both basic and advanced at the same but I would really like to get in on a class here on the east coast .
let me know if you plan a class

Congrats on the new classes! I've taken both of Zachs courses and they were phenomenal.Efilive is powerful and Zach is one of the best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Zach, if you are referring to our Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Club events, the Fall Brawl dates have not been set yet. I will be meeting with the shop owner to set the date in about a week or so. He's a drag racer, so the timing of our events revolve around his race schedule. If you are interested in contacting him, PM me the details of what you are looking to do and I can get it to him, as some times, he's hard to get ahold of during race season.

Thanks,
Ted

Thanks for the heads up sir!

I will be very much looking forward to seeing if something can be worked out to be able to attend as well as possibly put something together for an EFILive class. Lots of things to be sorted out, but if yo ucould at least let me know the dates once they are decided - that'd be a great place fo rme to start putting together thoughts and planning from my side...

Thanks again for the info! I really want to be to the event so hopefully I can swing at least that!

Thanks for the heads up sir!

I will be very much looking forward to seeing if something can be worked out to be able to attend as well as possibly put something together for an EFILive class. Lots of things to be sorted out, but if yo ucould at least let me know the dates once they are decided - that'd be a great place fo rme to start putting together thoughts and planning from my side...

Thanks again for the info! I really want to be to the event so hopefully I can swing at least that!

zach...ill make sure you get the dates as soon as they come out so you can make plans............

Just to add I was wondering if anyone knows anything on the dsp5 switch? Is it any closer? When is it expected

Just to add I was wondering if anyone knows anything on the dsp5 switch? Is it any closer? When is it expected

Not even close....

They are going to offer support for all 03-12 years before they even think about doing stuff like that. Its WAAAAY back on the burner.