NEW!! EFILive Diesel Training by StarLite Diesel

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to update the thread since i'm starting to see the classes fill up and getting alot more questions about hotels / where to stay since most of you (like me) will be coming to these classes from a distance.

The below list was put together by Dave who is helping to get everything organized for the Texas classes. This is good list of hotels with contact info and pricing information (though i would suggest going through online service like Expedia, etc. to get the best rate though).

Any questions let me know! The Iowa class is nearing half full and the Texas class is really starting to get moving after a slow start (surprising given all the interest in it before i posted about it)..

So, that being said - here is the list of hotels in Amarillo that are close to both the airport and the facility where the class is being held:

1. Hampton Inn & Suites
6901 W Interstate 40 Amarillo, TX 79106 - (806) 467-9997
From $ 92.00 per night

2. Hampton Inn Amarillo
1700 E Interstate 40, Amarillo - (806) 372-1425

3. Homewood Suites by Hilton
8800 W Interstate 40 Amarillo, TX 79124 - (806) 355-2222
From $ 104.00 per night

4. Hilton Garden Inn
9000 Interstate 40 West Amarillo, TX 79124 - (806) 355-4400
From $ 110.00 per night

5. Sleep Inn & Suites
6915 W Interstate 40 Amarillo, TX 79106 - (806) 242-7777
From $ 109.00 per night

6. Quality Inn & Suites
6800 I40 West, Amarillo, Tx - (806) 358-7943
From $ 89.00 per night

7. Confort Inn & Suites
6318 Ventura Drive, Amarillo, TX, US, 79110 - Phone: (806) 353-5100
From $ 104.00 per night

See you there!

If anybody needs any special arrangements, picked up at the airport, whatever. Give me a call and I'll get ya taken care of..

Dave
806-223-9472

If anybody needs help finding my shop where the Amarillo event is going to be feel free to ask for directions on here or give me a call. It's pretty simple directions

Gecovey
806-679-2877

If anybody needs help finding my shop where the Amarillo event is going to be feel free to ask for directions on here or give me a call. It's pretty simple directions

Gecovey
806-679-2877

Yes sir. Directions and the name of your shop would be good.

Thanks.

I tried to post up a google map of directions to my shop where the Amarillo event will be held but it didn't work. If you type in name of our shop Coffman Industries, Canyon, TX it pulls up 4 different options and only one of them is actually our shop so I don't recommend doing that. If you do follow the one that says Coffman Auto Sales it should be correct.

If you type in just the address it will bring you straight here. 16301 I-27 Suite B, Canyon, Tx

Here's some written directions:

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE SOUTH HEADING NORTH:

All you have to do is get on I-27 heading north between Canyon and Amarillo, take EXIT 111 at ROCKWELL ROAD and literally turn RIGHT into the parking lot at the end of the exit ramp and you will be in our parking lot. Pretty simple

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE NORTH HEADING SOUTH:

All you have to do is get on I-27 heading SOUTH towards Canyon/Lubbock until you get to exit 111 at ROCKWELL ROAD and exit, come over the over pass at the exit and as soon as you are at the end of the over pass turn RIGHT into the back gate of our parking lot.

There are 3 big buildings in this joint parking lot. Our building is the MIDDLE ONE with hay and trailers out front of it.

If anybody needs better directions than that or if I have left something out give me a call.

Gecovey Coffman
806-679-2877

Here ya go..

Directions are from I-40 & Soncy which is the next interesection west of where most of the hotels are located..

Attachments

• 3A16 (2).jpg
    3A16 (2).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey again everyone!

Just giving an update on the classes. The Iowa class has now passed half full... so, if you're interested in attending that class - there are 9 spots left and it's over a month away still.

The Texas class is getting real close - only 3 weeks away - and we are almost to the halfway point - so there's still room and time. I haven't bumped these threads in a while, and will be doing so on all the forums, so I expect the 'interested emails' to be turning into sign ups over the next week... Seems to be alot of people interested in this class, just not signed up yet. When they're full - they're full. I try to keep them to a manageable size so that we have time to get questions answered for everyone that is there.

Please let me know any quesions about either class! Would love to see you there!

-->Zach

Just got signed up for both classes in Iowa. Looking forward to it.
Brian

There are 8 spots left in Iowa class and Texas still has plenty of room...

I will be cutting off sign ups for the Texas class next Sunday because i have to make sure and have things planned.

Also - anyone that is driving to either of these classes that wants to use their truck on the dyno for demonstration / tuning purposes (provided it's a truck that can be tuned with EFILive!) - please hit me up. If you're coming to the class in either location, and want in on the dyno tuning - now is your chance. Getting the class plus tuning makes the class an even better deal - but i only need 2 trucks each day (one dodge, one GM)...

Thanks everyone that is participating and looking forward to meeting you there!

Would a stock Dodge work? It's just got a 5" TBE on it for now.

Which model of Dodge, and which class (Iowa or Texas)? Sorry - don't remember if youre signed up for one of them without my cheat sheet - which is at home.... :blahblah1:

Sorry about that Zach. 2007 and Texas. I've tuned on this truck a little with EFI but we had that check sum issue and decided to flash in a file from tunefile depot and wait until after the class to start tuning again. I think I may have been the first one to sign up besides Dave. :hehe:

Thanks,
Keith

Sorry about that Zach. 2007 and Texas. I've tuned on this truck a little with EFI but we had that check sum issue and decided to flash in a file from tunefile depot and wait until after the class to start tuning again. I think I may have been the first one to sign up besides Dave. :hehe:

Thanks,
Keith

It's all good. I am assuming 2007 6.7? If so - Dave I think has told me we've got stuff ocovered for the advanced day.. if it's a 5.9 though, bring it so we can at least demonstrate how to fix the checksum problem. That'll be a good one to go over in the class (only bring it if it's feasible to drive it though)...

So - for the Texas class I think we have things covered on both Duramax and Cummins now - For Iowa, still hunting Dodges..... but might have them taken care of too.... If anyone has something to offer up for demonstration and dyno tuning in Iowa, let me know though!

Dang, I forgot to say it's a 5.9. I was going to drive my 2010 mega anyway so driving his 5.9 won't be a problem. The checksum issue has been resolved with that last flash we did. It previously had a Smarty on it. I'll go ahead and let him know I will drive it out there.

I'm excited. My lovely wife is making us bbq pulled pork for lunch one day and i'm smoking some brisquit for the other. Should be a nice texas treat for you northern boys... Lol

What kind of power source is going to be needed to run the dyno? Dave and I are meeting up next week when I get back from Hawaii to finalize details and getting everything lined up at the shop and want to make sure it's not too special of a hookup that we need. If it is some sort of special source that is needed I'll get to work on it at soon as I get back

What kind of power source is going to be needed to run the dyno? Dave and I are meeting up next week when I get back from Hawaii to finalize details and getting everything lined up at the shop and want to make sure it's not too special of a hookup that we need. If it is some sort of special source that is needed I'll get to work on it at soon as I get back

I already got ya covered bud. Just waiting on ur punk ass to get back from hawaii. Must be nice, drunk on the beach everyday. :bow: