New from central ky

sandbagger

Hey guys Ive been around and intrested in diesels on and off for the past 10 years. Im a gear head all around and need something economical to drive, something to tow with, and ofcourse I want something to play with. With that said I feel as if a diesel is definetly the way to go. Im currently in the process of trying to find a 98.5 to 02 dodge quad cab with a manuel trans. Ive been reading around here the past two days and have allready learned a ton. I plan on being around for a while and learning as much as I can. Ofcourse when I find the right truck Ill post up pics and details as to my future plans with it as well as ask for advice on certin things. My overall plans are to daily drive it, haul demolition derby cars with it, add some power adders nothing to extreme but only time will tell. It is possible that I may hook this thing to a sled a time or two just for fun, as well as drag race it also just for fun. I have a couple other options of vehicles to drive if I do ever break anything or have it done for repairs.

Im in Harrodsburg. Schrowang Very nice truck but I have to small kids. My current truck is a regular cab and if we go anywhere as a family we have to take the wifes altima, If I have to pull cars we have to take both vehicles. So that is one thing Im definate on is a quad cab(unless some one gives me a reg cab.. :hehe: ).

Yeah not far at all. Actually Im in the process of moving right now from Junction City back to Harrodsburg. I work in Danville at Catepillar.

Good deal. Once you get 10 posts, pm me your name. Good possibility that I know ya. I live 3 miles from Junction city.

hey i work at east peoria caterpillar and ya i just threw my ad in for the heck of it

im salvage weld, i fix parts that are machined wrong and whatnot

Bought a truck today.. 01 quad cab 3500 auto white. I'll post pics later. It has a cai 5 in exhaust 6 in tip. Has fuel psi gauge boost gauge an egt. Was told it had 100 horse injectors, I Don't know for sure, I think it boost a little faster than stock. Any way I can know for sure? It has front and rear ats diff covers and a at's trans pan. Don't know if trans is stock or what. I have the prev owners number and tried calling but no answer will try again later.

to know for sure pull them. when i had scheid 100s in mine it would haze pretty good when shift but but thats about it.

Yea it does haze pretty good when driving and especially sitting still in p/n with no boost..

my scheid 150s haze crazy at idle, i dont remember what the 100s did. how is it when you lug it? it shouldnt smoke much at all.