New from NH

on another note....I am just getting to diesels does any one have a couple or pointers for the newbie....I can not have mine till I get my husbands fixed but thought that is would be the best place to get some pointers on what to look for?

Afraid to ask Robert? :kick: Whatcha drive? the competition forum for each brand has tons of info!

OK I'M out of this one, BEFOR YOU RIP ME UP... A i have to sleep in the same bed and B this fat kid doesn't do the 600 yard duck and cover in the time it takes her to load a round.....

I have heard that the diesel world is totally different and just because I like a gas Chevy and would never drive gas Ford that is not always how it is on the diesel side?? Do you agree? And as for asking Robert it does not hurt to get a second opinion...

well currently....I am letting my husband use my Nissan Sentra to get to and from and getting a ride with a friend seeing as he lost the Spider gears in his rear axle just over a week ago...So long story short a Nissan Sentra but love my 1975 GMC but that is a project truck that has not gotten off the ground. Plus that is a gas job. So I will be starting from scratch

well currently....I am letting my husband use my Nissan Sentra to get to and from and getting a ride with a friend seeing as he lost the Spider gears in his rear axle just over a week ago...So long story short a Nissan Sentra but love my 1975 GMC but that is a project truck that has not gotten off the ground. Plus that is a gas job. So I will be starting from scratch
Diesel conversion time!!:Cheer: But uh a sentra porr robert, now i know why your tail is between your legs! sorry to :kick: a brother when hes down:doh:

Yeah it was one of my not so bright moments buying that car....but being a natural blonde I have quite a few of them. So do you think I should convert the GMC to a diesel from a gas job? How much work would that take? and more important how much money?

So do you think I should convert the GMC to a diesel from a gas job? How much work would that take? and more important how much money?

Honestly beats the heck outta me, but its been done before! It aint gonna be cheap, easy, or a weekend job but its better sounding then big block gasser trash if ya ask me:evil

You can swap Cummins into Chevys ok, but if you put one in a Ford frame s break, and the trannys explode.

So the answer is Hate Ford gasser/hate Ford Diesel. Same same.

Now whats this about a600 yard duck driving a Nissan?

AH RENFORCEMENTS oh wait a minute....... sleddy your killing me. Thanks for the cinderblock.

okay good I have not problem not liking Fords that I am used to.....see Rob can not take it he hates the abuse but keeps coming back for more...Got to love him....he can be a little thick in the head and he wonders where the kids get it from. LOL but back to the truck do I have to use a certain type of Diesel motor in a GMC? or can you put a Cummings in a GMC instead of like a 6.5

oh yeah put a cummins (no G in cummins #1 rule) Dont bother with the 6.5 unless 250hp is your max goal. :bang

my goal is to have a better motor and truck then my husband and he has a 6.5 so you just answered my question....Cummins it is....

Back