New "Hold my Beer" Gov. Springs

turbomatt1

Design Limit Investigator
There have been many leaps & bounds in the past with regard to the P7100 equipped Cummins...small tweaks like waistgate elimination, & custom fuel plates...& big jumps like extruded 370's, compound turbos, Billet trannys etc.
A lot has been accomplished, so much, in fact, you might start to think it's all been done, & there are no more "Big Leaps" to be found.
Well...you would certainly be wrong, as I have just left Jeff Garmons shop with a set of what has to be one of the biggest improvements I have made to my 94 2500. In typical Jeff fashion, he simply said "You need these" ...so I said "Do it". 1 hr later, I owned a completely different truck! It starts with just a bump of the key ( no throttle) idles at 600rpm in neutral, & 500rpm in gear with the air on (mine has a tighter than stock converter AND lots of timing!!!) AND PULLS WAY ABOVE 4000RPM WITH MORE FUEL EVERYWHERE!!! (I was running 4000 springs before this upgrade.)
...so much more fuel above 2500 that I'm seeing 5 extra psi on the boost gauge, & above 80mph I have so much more "fuelable" rpm that it feels like an extra 100 HP.
After driving the 300 miles home, I am convinced this spring set is one of the best upgrades thats ever been done to my truck.

If You have a hot 12 valve.... You *do* need these.
( My $.02 )

Kickass.... I tink the "Hold My Beer" Line of diesel truck accessories from Jeff Garmon is going to take off.... Literally. :woohoo:

I believe these springs are also available from Haisley machine.

I pritty sure that Jeff's spring & seat set was designed by him & is manufactured locally. Also I think he's only selling them with an install at this point, as it's not as straight forward as previous spring kits.
..but it dont matter who made it... you need one!

DART505 said:
So what is it above & beyond the 4k gov springs?:poke:

The 4k springs never realy see full rack till around 1700 & start pulling it back around 2300. it would spin to 4000 but not with much fuel
this set has more rack before 1700 & is wide open, I would say to well over 3000!!! Peak numbers on the dyno may only change a little, but the line will stay up near that number a LOT longer, & the seat of the pants difference is almost sexual! :rockwoot:
...AND...Idleing at 500rpm, in gear, I can blip the throttle, & it wont stall! If you have 4k springs you know this "blip" is always followed by the sound of a starter ;-)

Last edited:
In a nutshell, 4000s sucked. Virtually uncontrollable on the street, if they were cranked enough to get any top end.

Next P-pump, it will be getting a set of Jeffs.

So wheres does one get a hold of these? Do you just call Jeff and ask for a set or does he have a website?

turbomatt1 said:
I pritty sure that Jeff's spring & seat set was designed by him & is manufactured locally. Also I think he's only selling them with an install at this point, as it's not as straight forward as previous spring kits.
..but it dont matter who made it... you need one!

I can assure you that this spring set was designed by Jeff and was mfd. locally. I in fact was involved in locating a spring company to produce his design. We too have a set and have seen a very noteable difference. Steve really likes the low idle and ease to start. Not to mention the added upper end fuel we needed. I would highly recommend them to everyone. :Cheer:

Amy

I have only one question: How much they cost and how I can order it?

With best regards
Margus

whats the deal with idling at 500 rpms. Just wondering why that is favorable compared to the regular 850 with the PDR type 4K kit.

Sounds like I need to send my 913 down to Jeff for some tuning and a set of these springs:D

I've been on the fence who to call for some pump work...I think I just made up my mind!

Chris

wow! That sounds nice! What impresses me, s that they are better then 4k and taht you actually feel a POWER difference!
should be an improvement over my stockers (in my daily driver) we have a 4k in another truck, and i never thought i was missing fuel with those, smoke never clears!

but... i'm interested... how much are they? can i install them myself, like i did a couple of sets from PDR

I spoke to Jeff earlier and let him know that there seems to be a lot of interest in his springs. Although he first said he was only going to sell them with installation at the shop he said today that he would sell them to those of you who are interested. You can reach him at 770-898-8585.

Amy

I dont see Jeff getting much work done tomorrow with the slew of phone calls he is about to get:thankyou2: