New "Hold my Beer" Gov. Springs

Oh yeah, Are 60lb valve springs with factory keepers/retainers suitable with these springs?

Signal 73 said:
Oh yeah, Are 60lb valve springs with factory keepers/retainers suitable with these springs?

Works fine. That's the same thing we are running.

Amy

CC12V said:
So when do the "No Beer Allowed" springs come out?:evil
"Hold My Beer" springs are unofficially available depending on the mood of "The" Jeff Garmon. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Amy

Signal 73 said:
whats the deal with idling at 500 rpms. Just wondering why that is favorable compared to the regular 850 with the PDR type 4K kit.

You can adjust the idle to your taste just like stock springs. Any of the old 4k springs I've installed had a much weaker idle than stock if adjusted to spin the full 4k. requiring you to make your idle high (850 or more) to keep it running in gear, even without the air on.
Not to mention a tight tow converter at 850 RPM without your foot on the brake results in about 15MPH!
The number to Garmons Diesel Performance is 770 898 8585 ...but he HATES the phone....you might try sending him a PM here:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=725

From the looks of things, he is gonna HATE tomorrow...until he adds up the bottom line LOL LOL

CC12V said:
So when do the "No Beer Allowed" springs come out?:evil
lol .... Theres never been ANYTHING dangerous enough for "No Beer Allowed" in the south... It takes a LOT just to get "hold my beer" scarry! :Cheer:

Ever been to a mudbog in the south ? :chug: LOL

if i call him i am pretty sure i would buy a set right away. maybe if it ages some more i will talk myself out of it. i doubt it, i wanted them as soon as i read the post for the first trip to the track.

Make the call.... you can tell your friends you spoke to "The" Jeff Garmon.....

i am more worried about my card than my bragging rights that i spoke with jeff.

Ahhh.... It's just money, you will make more tomorrow LOL

but my wife and kids want me to take them on vaction to colorado. and guess what dad got, dad got hosed.

I PMed too.....I am fearing the call....just the mention of "The" Jeff has me shaking. He's kinda like the Chuck Norris of the 12v world.....

Travis

"The" Jeff is kind of an inside joke. At te lat Dyno Day at Jeff's, I was stuck under the hood of my truck swapping injectors after luch and didint have the opportunity to shake hands, hand out stickers and pimp the site like I wanted. Anyway I took a break from the swap and walked outside covered in grease, and overheard a guy telling his girfriend, "That's him over there in the black.....THE Jeff Garmon"

I kinda look around and told the kid

"Yep, that's THE Jeff Garmon, and if you walk up and talk to him, he will probably talk back to ya" LOL

So we tend to rib Jeff about his rockstar status.... Maybe one day I can be "THE" Timbeaux38:woohoo::hehe::hehe::hehe:

If this is the same mod he did to his 1500 12V before he sold it, I drove it for a victory lap around McDonough with him and the truck was sooo stupid responsive, strong and fast right off the smooth idle through redline there was never a need to lock the converter up regardless of gear.

You don't mat the throttle you touch the throttle with this mod unless you are holding on!

One blip of the throttle and arse end would come around to the passenger window and you could see the taillight.LOL

Congrats on the mod Matt!

From what I got out of Jeff after I kept dropping his call, you need a built motor for this mod,