New motor went to the engine builders today

Mopar Man

Well the title says it. I went & picked up my new long block today. Its a 99 SO long block with 88k miles. & also dropped it off at the diesel engine builders on the way home. Its getting compleatly torn down, hot tanked, magna fluxed, Ballanced & blueprinted, Its also getting a hamilton "Big Stick" cam, new push rods, & valve springs, The Pistons & barings are getting coted, & also getting O-Ringed & studded, Along with some head work Once its done Its going to get a nice paint job on the block & some powdercoating on the valve cover, Intake horn, & intake tube. Im also thinking about throwing some mach 4's in it instead of the 120's I have in the currant motor See the cracked 53 block is just a good excuse to build a NICE motor

Mopar Man, I think i'd run the 120 stixs till your ready to do the twins. Then pick up some good 200 stixs.

with a cam and a small amount of head work you could run mach 6's. they are that clean. jmho. we run them in the gf's truck and with just the comp they're super clean. with the smarty it gets a little smokey at times and that's with a ps.

Mopar Man, I think i'd run the 120 stixs till your ready to do the twins. Then pick up some good 200 stixs.
Thats the second person to tell me that

with a cam and a small amount of head work you could run mach 6's. they are that clean. jmho. we run them in the gf's truck and with just the comp they're super clean. with the smarty it gets a little smokey at times and that's with a ps.
you think there that clean? Remember Im in southern CA & they hate smoke hear!

Congrats and good luck with the build :Cheer:

BBD
Thanks Sir!

Well my 6.5's are. I cussed and *****ed and moaned that there's no way they're a 230 horse injector but got confirmation from Don himself they were cut that big. I haven't run anybody else's that big yet so I don't have anything to compare to but we can drive them with virtually no smoke. Your ex. manifold, cam, and head work should make it even cleaner. Ours are on a truck with 259k miles, stock head gasket, so pump, ps 62/64/14, ats manifold, and bhaf. I don't think you have the heat that we do down here so that would help as well.

So you guys think ill be in the 500+ club with the new engine?

Last edited:
The 120's may be the limiting factor in you breaking 500hp and do you have a HO or SOvp?

Well I am toying with putting larger injectors in & it is an HO pump but I have seen them go over 500 befor. I know the pump is the major limiting factor for my truck.

Up-Date

Hear is a little update, Everything is done, It was hot tanked, Magna fluxed, fully balanced & blueprinted, Head work, Ceramic coated piston tops, Teflon coated piston skirts & barings, A new Hamilton Billit HD Big Stick cam new push rods & Vlave springs, ARP head studs. The Powder coating came back & im told it looks great! It should have been finished last week but the head gasked was damaged & so was the front steel gear train cover. They both should be ariving today & tomorrow & it will be finished. Im hoping to be picking it up monday & than dropping it off for the trans plant & picking it up a few days later. Its getting close & I cant waite!

I went with a metalflake blue, As soon as I pick up the engine Ill try & get some pics (as long as the camera in my phone dont act up again) and ill have to send them to one of you guys to post them for me. My computer doesnt let me post pics for some reason.

how far did you go with the head??? I did not have the time (or money) to build the head I wanted on my current engine, but now I do.

My "new" head is gonna get some intake and exhaust bowl work and a gasket match on the exhaust side, then possibly sent off and have the runners Extrude Honed. Intakes will be re-cut to a 45 degree seat angle (gonna use all exhaust valves). New Bronze guides and the tops clearanced for top hat seals. Valves will be unshrouded too.

how far did you go with the head??? I did not have the time (or money) to build the head I wanted on my current engine, but now I do.

My "new" head is gonna get some intake and exhaust bowl work and a gasket match on the exhaust side, then possibly sent off and have the runners Extrude Honed. Intakes will be re-cut to a 45 degree seat angle (gonna use all exhaust valves). New Bronze guides and the tops clearanced for top hat seals. Valves will be unshrouded too.
Started with a NEW head with a better more eficiant intake manifold & cleaned up #'s 1 & 6 plus the bowl work & gasket match, & a good valve job. Nothing to extream. Remember Im not building it for compitition, Its just my daily driver.

LOL Ya I know what you mean, Once I get that first slet pull in & or drag strip its prob going to be ALL BETS OFF lol

I went with a metalflake blue, As soon as I pick up the engine Ill try & get some pics (as long as the camera in my phone dont act up again) and ill have to send them to one of you guys to post them for me. My computer doesnt let me post pics for some reason.

you can send them to me or i can get good pics with my camera at the next meet you make it to.

LOL Ya I know what you mean, Once I get that first slet pull in & or drag strip its prob going to be ALL BETS OFF lol

you do know you will be ready for pull in lancaster on the 29th. do it!

Garrett

:hehe: just your dd.you allready got the bug brother.:hehe:
Ya I know I do & have had it for a wile:bang

you can send them to me or i can get good pics with my camera at the next meet you make it to.

you do know you will be ready for pull in lancaster on the 29th. do it!

Garrett
Sounds good bro! & I dont think it will be ready It may actuly be in the shop when the pulls are. The head gasket is the only think holding it up right now.