New noise coming from air intake and exhaust

nrussell

Here in the past week I have noticed a lub..lub..lub..lub..lub noise you can hear in air intake and exhaust pipe. I have changed air filter and all 3 fuel filters and adjusted valve lash, and its still there. It seems to be more sluggish and heavier smoke down low until boost gets to about 10psi and then it acts and performs normal. But before it gets to 10psi its just like put..put..put and then resumes and takes off like normal. Any ideas?
Thanks

:hehe::hehe: Things come in three's huh I melted one, Swole melted everything.......... Next and the winner is???? :hehe::hehe:

Lots of blow by?

out of breather tube hanging down on drivers side? as in any smoke/oil coming out of it? smoke, no. it shows an oil residue inside tube, but no leaking on driveway or any oil under truck.

:hehe::hehe: Things come in three's huh I melted one, Swole melted everything.......... Next and the winner is???? :hehe::hehe:

no chit, huh? poor swole. i hope i didnt, my truck may be sittin in the bay next to his.

i hope its just my injectors, they are the original bodies with 240k miles on them. i get serious timing/injector rattle at low throttle and almost like a miss or hesitation with more smoke than usual. you can actually see it in the exhaust when i throttle up it just puff puff puff's until boost clears it right up, and it runs normal spools to 60+psi, rail pressure hits 25k, fuel pressure is set at 20psi and drops to maybe 15psi at wot. its just sluggish down low, and it never was like this.

Pull the oil fill cap with it running. If it looks like a chimney....pull the motor.

240k on the injectors!!! Man your pushing your luck.... and it's gone!!! That's what melted my piston injector dumping fuel! I bet your fuel milage is in the dumps!!

Very little is normal. Highly visible is not. Put your hand over the hole...if you feel pressure....that's not so good.

i unscrewed the filler cap and left it sitting over filler hole and it didnt budge, does that count

Hard to say without seeing it but it doesn't sound bad from your description.
You might wanna think about pulling the head just to have a look around.
I'd wanna know now before it melts down.
It's your truck and you know something ain't right...it's not gonna fix itself.

240k on the injectors!!! Man your pushing your luck.... and it's gone!!! That's what melted my piston injector dumping fuel! I bet your fuel milage is in the dumps!!
my friend works for local dodge dealer, i am visiting him first thing monday morning so he can put starscan on it. unless thats a waste of time. maybe i should just head over to garmons monday morning instead. see if he can do a compression/leak down test and test injectors. this is just a bad time, i'm self employed and work is far and few in between. it's actually pretty bad. this is the last thing i need.

Hard to say without seeing it but it doesn't sound bad from your description.
You might wanna think about pulling the head just to have a look around.
I'd wanna know now before it melts down.
It's your truck and you know something ain't right...it's not gonna fix itself.
i understand your point...just looking for good advise and possible answers. and compd is the place as far as i'm concerned. i had a feelin it could be the worst. i guess i will just drop it off at jeff's monday and see what's up.

Could pull the injectors and bore scope the cylinders to keep from pulling the head.

Hard to see valves/valve seats with a bore scope....just sayin.

Hard to see valves/valve seats with a bore scope....just sayin.

I'm with Rich on this one. My 12 valve is making the exact type of noise but I can barely drive it. I'm pulling the head next weekend and getting it magnafluxed if the valves and pistons check out.