new obsticals on the 6.7

Xplod

Xplod
I have noticed that the EGR system and the DPF in the exhaust stream are going to be major problems on this engine. I hear that if these are removed it signals the ECM and then throws it into limp mode.

Looks like there are going to have to build new ECM's that overcome this issue, then start looking at downloaders.

Any one got anything on this?

It's gonna be a new animal to figure out- but I give it some time before developments start trickling out.....

My guess is it will not be as big of a challenge as the other 2 brand of motors will be. My guess would be that if we could emulate what the sensors see then that should take care of the ecm problem. But maybe that is over simplifying it.

I assume Bullydog's product they have been bragging about leaves it in place?

Anything can be bypassed or fooled. My truck has all kinds of pressure sensors on it that Edge figured out how to fool.

Of course tampering with emissions is a no-no :bang :badidea:
I can turn my truck back to stock with the push of a button but when it's turned up I am sure it is not meeting emission standards :D :st:

You know if we could figure out how to do it B100 could be used without all that EPA Junk!!!

well just half to wait and see. I got a smarty on my 07 5.9 and i luv it. Maybe they will come up with something. But so far anyone i talk to said the 6.7 is a dog.

My new 6.7L

I just bought an 07.5 with the 6.7L w/ 6spd auto. I runs great and pulls great.

I seen in i think it was 8 lug magazine where they put a box and an "offroad exhaust just a straight thru muffler and pipe" and made good power on a new Dmax. They had little dummy sensors or something that went into the exhaust sensors to make the computer see what it wanted. it didnt go into great detail on that part. Im sure the 6.7 wont be far behind

There are ways to get around the exhaust issues when swapping to a free-er flowing exhaust.....

I love how my new 6.7 w/6spd auto pulls and runs milage was trully unbarable 14mpg was the best at 55 mph now with juice w/att 21.8 mpg @68mph so it is getting better. will not take a b30 mixture though ,1300 driving at 50 mph 1460 when kicked into regen. (pre turbo)

Bubba1..... does your truck smoke? And regen? I would like to put a box on if i can get 21mpg

no smoke at all it's just real spooky seing a bone stoker throw temps out as high as the hotrod

I use to have a 6.7 and I was beta testing the edge hot juice and it didn't matter what level it was on the truck wouldn't get any better then 14 mpg at 65 mph. I drive a 140 round trip work so it was all highway miles. It seem like the higher the setting more it would go in to regen mode so you that made it do it got even worst fuel mileage.

I get up to 21 mpg on the highway, and im averaging 17.7 in Houston day traffic.

I have gotten 21 mpg on the interstate with cruise on going 60ish...any faster than that, the mpg goes down.

As far as an average, i can honestly knock down 17-18 no problem.

Towing ~ 8000lbs...I get 13 mpg.

Towing 8000 lbs I get maybe 11-12 with the 5.9, 48 Auto and 3:73's..... Then again, I can't drive under 70 despite what Timmy says. LOL