new obsticals on the 6.7

I got 13-15 mpg towing around 5K lbs, and doing 70-75, in a really hilly area, so the up hills killed it

Last edited:
the best I can get on highway with cruise set on 70 is 16.5.
towing a little 6x10 enclossed trailer with the trailer loaded it drops to 11 mpg.
Darrell

of course, my 5k pounds is a car hauler and an aero-dynamic-ish RX-7 filled with parts, tools and other crap

I just wonder if you can order a bare 6.7 long block, and adapt the 5.9 stuff on to it, and drop it in a 5.9 CR truck. Kinda like taking an old beater chevy truck with a 305 and swaping it for a 350 or a 400. Or are all of the "outside" stuff totally different and will not interchange at all?

Why would you want to do a swap? The 5.9 will hold more HP than the 6.7 on OEM parts.

that I didn't know about. I figured they would hold up about the same amunt of HP, just with the 6.7 being bigger in C.I. it would make more power.

inline6359 said:
My guess is it will not be as big of a challenge as the other 2 brand of motors will be. My guess would be that if we could emulate what the sensors see then that should take care of the ecm problem. But maybe that is over simplifying it.

Interesting. On GM LMMs the DPF bypass has been done.:rockwoot: EFI Live.:st:

Are you guys hand caculating you mpg because I call bs on that hi dont trust the overhead especially with a chip.

inline6359 said:
My guess is it will not be as big of a challenge as the other 2 brand of motors will be. My guess would be that if we could emulate what the sensors see then that should take care of the ecm problem. But maybe that is over simplifying it.

Not sure about the Ford 6.4 but the ECM and sensor problems with DPF delete on the Duramax have already been taken care of with EFI Live.

Last edited:
have you seen the latest tsb in regard to 6.7 mod from dodge ?? we had a rep come and talk to us and show us where to look for add-ons and told us that it are job to report any aftermarket items we see. They even left us a digital camera to take pics to see to are dm. he even asked to look at my truck to see if i had any thing done to it. jr

I told him basically F.O. which didnt go over so well. Then i said anytime you want to buy it back for telling me how to drive, use , or tow with my truck just send a check you know where to find me. 30 mins later the owner and i having a talk about my quote attitude problem with mangement. hay my toolbox has wheels i can roll it out the door if arent happy

Right on! That's freakin awesome for standing up!

I can't believe they asked to see your truck. hilarious!

Burner said:
Why would you want to do a swap? The 5.9 will hold more HP than the 6.7 on OEM parts.

The 6.7 runs alot hotter then the 5.9, it is built to handle these temps so it is stronger, then the 5.9

not sure how you folks are doing your milage calculation's mine has just broke 15000 km now 22.3 mpg stock 28.6 mpg juice in milage mode.

That Kanuck estimator is broken. How'd ya come up with those figures?

what the HELL just happened? it seemed just a few years ago GM, Ford and Dodge were all into performance and somewhat OK with mods, some even made parts for their vehicles... all the new pony cars have Factory Add-ons/Mods warranty safe MADE BY THE MFG or a SPONSORED after-market company! I.E. 2005+ mustangs have drag packs available from FRPP.

The MFG must think we are a bunch of idiot diesel heads... maybe someone, maybe me maybe you can send in some sort of i dunno petition saying we understand you have regulations to meet but dont make it so damn hard for us to mod OUR VEHICLES.

maybe im just blowing smoke, maybe we all should. I dunno.