New products for 2012......you have a say

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
We are looking at developing some new products for 2012.

1- fuel economy cam for the 8.3L and larger engines.
2-stock head that has no water jackets for classes that do not allow our head
3-13mm plungers and barrels that have timing advance built in
4-P-7100 pump cams. absolutely the fastest injection and the most fill time. New not re-ground retail around $349....we are hoping
5-1.4" tappets that weight the same as 1.3" 24v tappets.
6- Connecting rods that are similar in strength to h beams but are forged and will be less than $1500
7-Injectors that are optimized for our high compression pistons and pump cams. These will not be the best for everybody, but they will be top notch for the few that have our head, pump cam, pistons etc.
8- We are talking with a turbo manufacturer to possibly bring out a cost effective s-300 based turbo that will be more efficient, cheaper and more durable than others on the market.

Some other things that may or may not be showing their faces are head for Cr's and our new 5th gear that has not seen the trigger pulled yet but it is close.

I really would like to hear your opinions.

Zach

Last edited:
Anything to compliment the head and the p-pump. Rods under $2000 would be nice too.

3-7

What about 12mm plungers with timing advance?

Is this 5th gear for the NV4500?

Last edited:
Looks like a very busy year but it looks like an awesome endeavor.

Good luck and can't wait to see it.

Are we voting? If so, I vote for options 3,4,and 6. Thanks for all the hard work Zach!

6.0/6.4, not quite ready to bounce on that yet. I might totally be missing a very large boat, but the 6.0/6.4's kind of piss me off. THere are so many roadblocks to HP in their design that It would take every penny I have to get them mediocre. This is not a knock but fact. Although I do not do regrinds at this point, would somebody be interested in one for the 6.0/6.4? I just can't spend that much dough on a steel core with as little HP as will get produced......diminishing returns.

I am testing the pump cams as we speak, I am really excited as they are an amazing piece. Pricing is speculation based on how our quote is coming. With our new head and cams out, the pump cam and variable timing of the plungers would be huge in helping out driveability. 12mm maybe a possibility after we tackle the 13mm. Timing advance instead of a timing retard notch could be a big step for better spool but better power on the big end. One problem is that I could not give a huge bump in timing as there would be like switch and less variable like electronic tuning. I do think there is something there though. The plungers and barrels along with the cam are the most exciting to me!

The 5th gear for the nv4500 will be a reality this year. The design is done, waiting on the cash.

Out of all of the things, the turbos are the longest shot, but I am still hoping.

An affordable pump cam YES! 13mm plungers and barrels yes as long as they dont kill a budget.

Back