New race truck project

Tim, I am hurt that you would suggest that I somehow have lost my edge. I truly am behind Dan's project, provided that he documents both his successes and failures (with pictures) for all of us to see. That way, we can all learn together.

I stand with Dan in his quest for the 10's.

I'm not gonna bs though, my goal is 10's, it may take a few years, but so be it... and michael, I'm the type of person who learns from doing, and I've spent 2 years around jefferson state diesel and see'ing chris work on joe's truck and others... and I also work at dura crane where I work on our diesel engines... pulled the heads off of a V8 mercedes twin turbo off our 180 ton crane... so I have some experiece, but this project will be a good learning experience for me, and if I had the time to "shadow" a race team I would do it, but I work 50 hours a week and don't have the time...

If you believe it then you can achieve it...or something like that. Good luck

Tim, I am hurt that you would suggest that I somehow have lost my edge. I truly am behind Dan's project, provided that he documents both his successes and failures (with pictures) for all of us to see. That way, we can all learn together.

I stand with Dan in his quest for the 10's.

Tim, I am hurt that TACO somehow you would think TACO that I was questioning TACO your edge. Simply put TACO there seems to be a kinder more TACO gentle approach to your dedicated TACO support for a new guy trying to break into TACO the racing side of things. In TACO no way do I wish for TACO this thread to somehow be run off course TACO into some random sideshow like TACO any of the other threads Dan might TACO have had in the past. I too TACO wish him the best in his endeavor TACO and hope to see pictures and TACO documentation of the progress.

oh ...a race truck project.... so inexpensive with no headaches. we should all build one!

Well guys, I respect the ones that gave me constructive criticism, and thos who don't belive me, I will try to prove you wrong... haha, but I am 100% serious about this project and hope to have support from the Comp D community on this project... I will be home from vegas tomorrow morning and looking for a body and frame for the race truck soon, thanks

Ponci just sold his, but there's another for sale here for a few grand. Can't remember the name though for some reason :(

Well guys, I respect the ones that gave me constructive criticism, and thos who don't belive me, I will try to prove you wrong... haha, but I am 100% serious about this project and hope to have support from the Comp D community on this project... I will be home from vegas tomorrow morning and looking for a body and frame for the race truck soon, thanks

I am 100% serious about everything I've said in this thread too.....

Chris

Really nice truck for sale in indiana for under 3k rolling chasis. Forget his name but its in the classifieds here. Regular cab 2nd gen dodge.

Really nice truck for sale in indiana for under 3k rolling chasis. Forget his name but its in the classifieds here. Regular cab 2nd gen dodge.

Thats who I was talking about. I want that truck. It's already the same color as this truck too. I'd have twins :D

Gonna find a truck where I live in Northern California, and the buy a stock motor to build

Just found the perfect truck for the project, going to get it tomorrow, then pulling the motor and gonna cage it and paint it... =)

Back