New race truck project

3n23mc3l75V25O25Q4b3s0334baab0dbd14e4.jpg

Can I convert this from 5 speed to work with an auto 47re?

Kyle is about to need help on a rebuild:hehe:... DuraDan can help out to get experience!

If you haven't already done it, definitely get a current copy of the NHRA rulebook when working on your cage. Don't assume that a shop that builds cages knows the rules, I have seen plenty of non-compliant cages built in "reputable" shops. Also make contact with the local NHRA chassis cert person and discuss any gray areas in the rulebook with him, as far as the cage design. If you don't plan to go quicker than 9.99 you won't need a full cage or certification, but you might as well build it so that it will certify if you end up running quicker.

Thought you wanted an f150
Nah, decided to go 250 so that I don't have to put new axles under it...

If you haven't already done it, definitely get a current copy of the NHRA rulebook when working on your cage. Don't assume that a shop that builds cages knows the rules, I have seen plenty of non-compliant cages built in "reputable" shops. Also make contact with the local NHRA chassis cert person and discuss any gray areas in the rulebook with him, as far as the cage design. If you don't plan to go quicker than 9.99 you won't need a full cage or certification, but you might as well build it so that it will certify if you end up running quicker.

Thanks for the tip Mike... I got a lot of research to do, cause I am new to this, but I'm gonna make sure to do everything the right way if you know what I mean...

You do know that a 250 doesn't have a straight axle in it right? And i would highly doubt that the stock 250 front end will live with 10 sec runs...

You do know that a 250 doesn't have a straight axle in it right? And i would highly doubt that the stock 250 front end will live with 10 sec runs...

Yes i realize that... and it will last me till 11's hopefully... and thats about 2 years away...

Im reading up on roll cage rules and specs, doesnt seem to bad... just a weekend project

Couldn't find a worse platform for racing. That front end will not hold up to 4wd launches for long, and those trucks are heavy as hell. Rear end will never hold either.

I know your a Ford guy, but do yourself a favor and just build a Dodge.

BTW I have 13K in my truck grand total with the cost of the truck and its in the 12's.

But 10's? Come on now...I think you have no idea what 500rwhp really feels like..

BTW I have 13K in my truck grand total with the cost of the truck and its in the 12's.

But 10's? Come on now...I think you have no idea what 500rwhp really feels like..

ive rode in my buddys 698 hp 24V

Back