New to 6.7’s

It's like a carbon looking plastic. When they go bad and people keep going, the old metal impeller would then start to do it's own port work on the coolant passage. My 6.7 made it too like 118k mile on the oe water pump. It must of smelled the power central cummins shop off the interstate that day in Nebraska. Just so happened to be across the street from a napa too. I think my old 95 had the original water pump in it for 415k! Times have changed.

Interesting fellas, yeah knock on wood I’ve only had one 12v pump go bad and I must have well over a million on all of them..

I found a feller here local to the Phoenix area that does tuning. Said he does the engine with EFI and can do a 5 position switch and the trans gets done with HP tuners? I’ve talked to 3 guys that have had their trucks done by him and all were very happy and had their trucks for a decent amount of miles with no issues from their “tuning”.
The different platforms has me confused but whatever needs to happen. He said he builds 68’s to, so I’ll likely need him soon..

Anyone tried one of those cheap Amazon touch screen drop in radios on these turds? Mines fully functional but stock and no Bluetooth. Like 250$ and says it drops in and it’s just a CarPlay touchscreen. Their software is pretty open, if I could get one in there and functional wonder if I could get boost and pyro on a splash screen??

Or does anyone make a nice dash mount for normal style gauges that doesn’t look too hillbilly? I can’t stand that little screen on the window, I’ve almost ran my dog over 5 times now because my view was blocked..

I use a Bluetooth thingy in my headphone aux on the stocker.
That's what i ended up with was the 5 position switch. Hp on the tcm too. Any revmax approved tune should work. If yours has had a valve body, which I assume it definitely has if it has over 100k mile on the stocker ( the solenoid switch valve wears the bore out on the early non anodized vb). It should last pretty decent until it shits a pin out of the planetary, flips the L/R sprag in it's race or burns the od pack. Other than those things and a few snap ring/ retainer issues they really aren't all that bad of a transmission!

I use a Bluetooth thingy in my headphone aux on the stocker.
That's what i ended up with was the 5 position switch. Hp on the tcm too. Any revmax approved tune should work. If yours has had a valve body, which I assume it definitely has if it has over 100k mile on the stocker ( the solenoid switch valve wears the bore out on the early non anodized vb). It should last pretty decent until it shits a pin out of the planetary, flips the L/R sprag in it's race or burns the od pack. Other than those things and a few snap ring/ retainer issues they really aren't all that bad of a transmission!
Sounds about like all the new 6-8-10 speeds for me (General Motors). Basically set clutch travels and everything is serviced as sets. Valve body’s are a got dang mess for us right now.

I’ll likely end up pulling this one out after the summer and going in it. I’ve been reading and watching some videos already. Actually think you had a thread I read some on.

I ordered this https://a.co/d/eBVf1ML (hope a link works) I’ll let y’all know if it’s worth the scratch.

They're pretty easy. Some pump mods, bigger od drum, add extra clutches, updated sprag, retainers, input etc. Any questions when you get to it just reach out. I have a guy I can hook you up with for all the kits also, he's reasonable on prices.

Water pump with metal impeller.

My buddy has 225k on his stock 68. I replaced the SSV right at 200k for him. He was quite sure that was only the second fluid change ever performed, and the fluid smelt/looked great. He tows HEAVY 50% of the time with that truck. I've been down right impressed with the longevity of that 68RE.

Yeah, we've got 190K on my old 2010...100K with me driving it doing God knows what to it, towing heavy, running hard, etc...and another 90K with a 70 year old at the wheel who loves to hear the straight pipe bark LOL

I think we changed the transmission fluid once or twice, and I put a headgasket in it at 98K...still running the H&S tune from 2012 timeframe since someone broke in and stole the tuner sometime around 2013 and I never worried about reflashing it with anything else!!

Guess we're on borrowed time!
Chris

Back