New trans install advice

i just did my tranny.01 dually.dont know about your year, but mine i needed to spread the frame to get the crossmember back in.i used the factory bottle jack.it worked fine.didnt have a tranny jack but the floorjack worked.needed two people i was holding the tranny and the other jacked it up.i did the job myself mostly because i am somewhat prideful.the only trouble i had was 2 dodge nuts i couldnt find the size for.there size is not standard or met.had to hammer a socket on then after i got them out i put them on my grinder and made them 9.16ths.if i remember they were the 2 on the tranny mount.almost poped a vein in my head tryin to get the transfer case in my self.but it worked.my rear yoke was junk ,so did that with seal and u-joint also.oh ya the converter bolts on mine are in a little window pass side you have to feel your way in because you cant see .mine were 10mm for the window.but doing things myself is just my thing.farming out help is cool to.one thing that bugs me when you ask friends or whatever sometimes they sit around and do nothing but fill the air with methaine and then when you blister the 1/4 mile they say" i put that engine in or tranny in".but maybe i should just get over it because that was 20 years ago.its still funny.good luck thats a cool tranny that you are getting!

Quote: "one thing that bugs me when you ask friends or whatever sometimes they sit around and do nothing but fill the air with methaine and then when you blister the 1/4 mile they say" i put that engine in or tranny in".but maybe i should just get over it because that was 20 years ago.its still funny."

Now that's funny, I'm thinking I may have the same problem if everyone shows up to "help"

It would be fantasic to get the unit out in 30 minutes, I think,,,wait I know it will take me longer but we'll see. Aside from pictures of the job I should turn on the tape recorder so everyone can hear me shouting profanities...lol