New Truck

BrandonB

Just waitin
I just got my new truck its a 06 6.0 and im wondering what i should do first

Find out if its been abused before you spend money on mods. Any little zip ties on the fuel lines going to the little fuel filter next to the oil filter?

no its not its my dads truck he bought it brand new, i bought it from him so i know its not

haha yeah he did, if their was any abuse it was from me and i didnt much

i want a SCT X3 tuned by IDP or GOGO

Afe intake

MBRP turbo back

Some gauges.

I wanna race at the local drag strip but also a daily driver and i need to be able to tow

to save some money for other upgrades cut the cat muffler and what ever else is under there off your'll love the new sound. At least put a better free flowing air filter in and then a programmer, and some guages to to keep an eye on whats going on. On your truck you may only need a egt guage yours may have a boost and tranny guage already. Alot of people like sct for fords put one in my buddys truck he couldnt be happier. also look into bullydog my friends drive fords he said he loved his also. that should make you happy for now til you want more power than your need alot better tq and vb

get some gauges first. or get an OBD-II monitor type w/ an EGT probe. Something like the Edge Insight is pretty cheap instead of doing full gauges. Then you can add the exhaust. This will let you see a drop in the EGTs. Then go with a tuner. If you want to race, you're going to need to put some $ into it and at least get some head studs if you don't already. don't bother with the intake as the stock intake flows enough air for what you will need. until you start going big the intake will not gain you much.

does anyone have Eric from Innovative phone number or website i wanna talk to him about a tune

Should I get a straight pipe or a exhaust system. I have been told a straight pipe because their cheaper but i would rather have a exhaust that good and pay more money for it

Would that be better than like a mbrp turbo back system

Anther good brand is Magnaflow.

Talk to Doug at GoGoDiesel he will set you up with a package at a resonable price and great customer service. from personal experience i would shy away from ANY tuners "Xtreme" tune if you would like to keep your heads the way they are. It is really hit or miss as some puke with stock or modified others dont have a problem running a hot tune and nitrous on stock studs.

Austin

I have a gutted cat and no muffler and like it. It is only loud at full throttle. Just got back from a 1800 mile trip and I'm not deaf. Gutting the cat should still pass a visual inspection if required by your state. Save $$$ for head studs. I am!