Newly redesigned 24v springs $199

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
Alright, I know some in the diesel world are having it a little tight this year. To make it a little easier to mod your trucks in these tough times we are going to be running a spring sale from Wednesday May 20th until Friday May 29th. These are our newly redesigned springs for the 24v. They will fit all year models from 1998.5 to the current 6.7l's. We have limited quantities so post up your name and address to get on the list.

Zach Hamilton

I'll take a set Zach. Can't do the cam right now like I had hoped, my home AC took a dump on me and drained the bike sale money, but I'll take a set of springs and keep them on the shelf till cam time. I'll come pick them up tomorrow if that works for you.

Kent

Hey Zach, whats new about these compared to the older springs you sold?

Thanks

It is almost the exact same, except the intake springs are .025" smaller o.d. to make sure they clear with all of the head variations out there.

NO Spring rate change????? Cause I know some where questioning that Hams. were Way to high for modern day oils to deal with....

Then why the hell did you buy a set of my 110#s ? I have said many times with the agressive ramp rates my cams have, they need more spring pressure to control the valves. With almost 20,000 springs I have sold, wouldn't you agree that I would have seen a bunch of failures by now if the pressure was too much. With the lazy ramp of the h2 you are running you can get away with much less pressure. If you want to turn this thread into an all out pissing match I can go on for days about the Helix cam you are running having the lobes too thin for low zinc oils. Would you like to see pics of the helix lobe damage after less than 1000 miles?
I would rather just run a sale on springs for all of the people on compD. Deal?

Zach

Last edited:
Man! I just bought a set from DDP a month ago for full price.

Dangit!

dr. speed, p.m. me how much you paid, I will try to take care of you some way.

Big swole, Who told you this fletch? don? greg? And in your opinion, how much spring rate is adequate given the valvetrain mass, ramp rates, lobe width and max rpm of your engine. I think the lobes on your H2 are way too thin but you are still running it right? Are you having to use zinc with your H2 to keep it alive?

Guys just post up that you want a set, and then call after Wed 8a.m.. I will make sure compd members get first dibs.

Zach Hamilton

Then why the hell did you buy a set of my 110#s ? I have said many times with the agressive ramp rates my cams have, they need more spring pressure to control the valves. With almost 20,000 springs I have sold, wouldn't you agree that I would have seen a bunch of failures by now if the pressure was too much. With the lazy ramp of the h2 you are running you can get away with much less pressure. If you want to turn this thread into an all out pissing match I can go on for days about the Helix cam you are running having the lobes too thin for low zinc oils. Would you like to see pics of the helix lobe damage after less than 1000 miles?
I would rather just run a sale on springs for all of the people on compD. Deal?

Zach

Dude!!!! Calm the Fuk down!!!!!

I just asked a simple question!!!! All I wanted to know is if the rate had changed.....No other motive!!!

Yes I'm using ZDDP additive but that just makes good sense....You've got an addivtive don't you???

Are you pissed at me for having F1 products or what???
I'm not knocking your stuff!!! I've got your springs and pushrods..I'm proud to have them....But what the Fuk are you getting aggressive with me for???
I'm just a dumb a$$ nobody around here man!!! Still just trying to learn......

I'll leave that PISS match to you and the other manufacturers......

Wow!!!

Fair enough big swole, just trying to head off another pissing match. I am glad you are having good luck with your f-1 products, I hope you continue to in the future. This thread is about the spring sale only...............please. If anybody wants to talk specs lets open another thread.

Zach Hamilton

dr. speed, p.m. me how much you paid, I will try to take care of you some way.

Big swole, Who told you this fletch? don? greg? And in your opinion, how much spring rate is adequate given the valvetrain mass, ramp rates, lobe width and max rpm of your engine. I think the lobes on your H2 are way too thin but you are still running it right? Are you having to use zinc with your H2 to keep it alive?

Guys just post up that you want a set, and then call after Wed 8a.m.. I will make sure compd members get first dibs.

Zach Hamilton

Sounds like Don, Fletch, and Greg is who you really have and issue with man!!

I'm sure your a hell of a lot smarter than me but so are the above mentioned....I was simply just asking a question cause I'd heard it said before and thought it may have something to do with the spring rate....

Seems like most folks round here like you man, so I'll try to chalk this one up to you having a bad day or something....I'm a second chance kinda guy....

But Whoo!! Temper Temper Temper!!!!:poke:

lol :Cheer:

I am truly sorry for the highjack!!!! That's my bad!!!

No problem swole, and i don't think I am smarter, we just have different specialties, you bag the bad guys, and I open and close valves. I thought you had an axe to grind, but you had a real question, my bad. If you would really like to have a discussion about the spring rate feel free to post up a question and I will do my best to answer your questions, I will look my old data on spring rate vs. valvetrain mass vs. rpm. Thankyou for not turning this into a pissing match, I just thought thats where we were heading again. BTW how is the breakin on your new engine going?

Zach

BTW how is the breakin on your new engine going?

Zach

Thanks Zach,

It's doin good..Haven't driven it too much but have had a couple issues...
Popped the first HG but got an UNmoddified 24v HG back on and still used stock bolts and it's been holding fine....THEN, my top Htt SS turbo WG arm broke (there old design) and the WG plate warped (Htt is fixing it for me)....Waiting on it to get here this week so I can race the Reynolds, GA NADM race on Sat.....

Thanks again,

David Elrod