Next Upgrade Suggestion?

You guys are missing the fact that it's the combination of all the parts that make it work. Stock converters stall at like 2500, which would make the 66mm turbo and timing liveable (and account for the low torque) and the w/m would carry the power out to 3,500rpm or more.

You are missing the fact that Diesel Power doesn't have an article you can link to for every question asked on this forum.

Probably would have been a better choice to use that example the first time around. Problem is many people either outgrow or tire of the maintenance/hassle of these setups.

Probably would have been a better choice to use that example the first time around. Problem is many people either outgrow or tire of the maintenance/hassle of these setups.

Agreed on both points. Whaddya know.

What about a water to air intercooler? They are much smaller than the typical air to air.

Weston, I thought non intercooled injector spray angles were more than the intercooled engines? Maybe wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Why can't you fit an air to air? Just around here there is a 93 and a 97 Chevy running 6b's and air to air, I believe they're both 1st gen intercoolers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

What about a water to air intercooler? They are much smaller than the typical air to air.

Weston, I thought non intercooled injector spray angles were more than the intercooled engines? Maybe wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

1) A lot of plumbing and additional cooling circuit that might cause problems. An air exchanger for the A2W cooler would have to be big for a DD tow vehicle. Since you have moving air already, a good A2A would be a good compromise between A2W's complexity and no IC's space saving.

2) They are. Weston said "Whatever injector you go with, be sure to use the wider cone angle, do not go back to a 145° cone angle."

Aw, I misunderstood what he was trying to say. Not the first time for that either.

The Air to Water was just another idea, wasn't sure if he thought about?

Also, a junkyard 6.0 'Stroke intercooler is a pretty easy fit and works great.

See? Intercoolers fit! LOL
intercoolerish.jpg

Ok, ok.....you might try and search for one of these on ebay...Procharger intercooler for a fox body 5.0 Mustang. Flow well, and are really skinny.

attachment.php

Before i got greedy on big turbos and that i had a simple air to water on mine.

2010-09-26_14-29-35_87_zpscd931275.jpg

Worked great too. I still have it laying somewhere in the attic too.

Back