NHRDA Sledpulling

BigBadDodge

Is there any reason NHRDA isn't helping to promote or hold any sled pulling events? Perhaps I am just not seeing it, but it appears they are solely concentrating on the racing. We could certainly use some help with sled pulling as well, especially on the left coast.

BBD

NHRDA helped out with the August Blackout pull in Canada. I guess I should say that we followed their safety rules at least. I'm not sure how involved they really are in the sled pulling. It would be nice to see some more pulls out there by you Scott!!

Randy's passion lies with Drag Racing - and apparently that's where the $$$ lies too with the Sponsors.

We've tried to do NHRDA sled pulls, but there's too much dissention here in the Pacific Northwest.

It's terrible - the Drama here is about as bad as it gets.

I was personally involved in putting together the events with NHRDA just a few years ago, but it never really panned out. People did not like the rules, they were always quarrelling about something, and when they had nothing to talk about, they'd find something, and latch onto it like a pitbull, but more vicious.

Personal attacks and accusations were made - how funds were handled, where the funds were transfered (such as for personal gains), some of which affected me directly, was not appreciated.

Additionally, everyone wanted something to be done, changes to be made - but no one wanted to do the work.

That was when I reached my breaking point, and decided to just be a participant of the local events, instead of being a martyr.

NHRDA helped out with the August Blackout pull in Canada. I guess I should say that we followed their safety rules at least. I'm not sure how involved they really are in the sled pulling. It would be nice to see some more pulls out there by you Scott!!

No, NHRDA did not participate in the pulls.

That was all NADP - where the rules needed a LOT of revision.

For example, Garrett and I did not get placed in the correct class at the event, despite travelling as far as we did.

The neck brace rule was NHRDA. I'm all for safety equipment, but I think the neck brace is over kill on a pulling track.

I think August Blackout just got so big so fast and no one knew how to keep everything in order. I hope next year will be better because we had a blast this year!!

neckbrace in a std cab pulling truck would be a good one!!
NHRDA is strictlly a racing org now, and might find local org's to have pulls with along with there race ive heard

Is there any reason NHRDA isn't helping to promote or hold any sled pulling events? Perhaps I am just not seeing it, but it appears they are solely concentrating on the racing. We could certainly use some help with sled pulling as well, especially on the left coast.

BBD

Hi Scott
We realized last year that we got spread to thin , putting on all the events we did across North America. We believe you need to be the best at what you due and for us that is putting on Diesel Drag Races.

We have no problem working with people like yourself that want to put on and promote sled pulls. Last year we did that with Brad from GJ diesel , and Barry from NADP. We put on the drag races and they put on the sled pulls.

We would like to partner with people and organizations that can handle the sled pulling side of it and we will handle the drag racing part of the event. In my opinion that will make for better events so you get the best of both worlds. I hope that clears things up and lets you know we are not against sled pulling but we realize we are the best at putting on diesel drag races.

Thanks and have a great day

The neck brace rule was NHRDA. I'm all for safety equipment, but I think the neck brace is over kill on a pulling track.

I think August Blackout just got so big so fast and no one knew how to keep everything in order. I hope next year will be better because we had a blast this year!!

I think you may be mistaken... There were no neck braces worn at the NHRDA sled pulls I was at when they had them. Is it possible that the neck brace rule was one that was added in for the Blackout?

Again, the sled pulling at the Blackout was not NHRDA rules.

See you next August, we can't wait!!

Randy's passion lies with Drag Racing - and apparently that's where the $$$ lies too with the Sponsors.

We've tried to do NHRDA sled pulls, but there's too much dissention here in the Pacific Northwest.

It's terrible - the Drama here is about as bad as it gets.

I was personally involved in putting together the events with NHRDA just a few years ago, but it never really panned out. People did not like the rules, they were always quarrelling about something, and when they had nothing to talk about, they'd find something, and latch onto it like a pitbull, but more vicious.

Personal attacks and accusations were made - how funds were handled, where the funds were transfered (such as for personal gains), some of which affected me directly, was not appreciated.

Additionally, everyone wanted something to be done, changes to be made - but no one wanted to do the work.

That was when I reached my breaking point, and decided to just be a participant of the local events, instead of being a martyr.

Denny , Byron and Scott all gave alot of time and effort to get sled pulling off the ground in the northwest and it just didnt catch on.

Yes you are correct that I am a drag racer and have alot of passion for drag racing. Again we are not turning our backs on sled pulling but we want to work with sled pulling organizations to put on events that coincide with diesel drag racing events.

Thanks
Randy

Hi Scott
We realized last year that we got spread to thin , putting on all the events we did across North America. We believe you need to be the best at what you due and for us that is putting on Diesel Drag Races.

We have no problem working with people like yourself that want to put on and promote sled pulls. Last year we did that with Brad from GJ diesel , and Barry from NADP. We put on the drag races and they put on the sled pulls.

We would like to partner with people and organizations that can handle the sled pulling side of it and we will handle the drag racing part of the event. In my opinion that will make for better events so you get the best of both worlds. I hope that clears things up and lets you know we are not against sled pulling but we realize we are the best at putting on diesel drag races.

Thanks and have a great day

Thanks for the clarification Randy

BBD

Denny , Byron and Scott all gave alot of time and effort to get sled pulling off the ground in the northwest and it just didnt catch on.

Yes you are correct that I am a drag racer and have alot of passion for drag racing. Again we are not turning our backs on sled pulling but we want to work with sled pulling organizations to put on events that coincide with diesel drag racing events.

Thanks
Randy

No, I understand - it was a decision to make sure that you can do one thing extremely well (which NHRDA did - w00t!), and not spread yourselves out too thin.

In my opinion, it was a good call on your part Randy - kudos to you and NHRDA!

I think you may be mistaken... There were no neck braces worn at the NHRDA sled pulls I was at when they had them. Is it possible that the neck brace rule was one that was added in for the Blackout?

So true, the rules may have seemed to be NHRDA but were not. NADP and the ATPA worked some modifcations too their existing rules to bring them more up to date with what the rigs from state side of the boarder were used to. They combined existing rules with rules that have been used in the past with NHRDA.

Can't wait for the next AAB either. woohoo

The guy who teched our truck told us about the neck brace rule, where to buy one, and who implemented the rule. It's possible he was mistaken. I'm only going by what we were told. We have never pulled at an event the NHRDA had dealings with, but you are right, it may have just been for the Blackout.

Again we are not turning our backs on sled pulling.

Thanks
Randy

Oh really?

Well that's good to know.

Seems to me (and many others) that even after all the leg work was done for the pulling season... (by Denny, Scott, and myself) That the NHRDA chose to turn their backs on sled pulling in favor of spreading themselves thin over the entire US and Canada. :badidea:

The guy who teched our truck told us about the neck brace rule, where to buy one, and who implemented the rule. It's possible he was mistaken. I'm only going by what we were told. We have never pulled at an event the NHRDA had dealings with, but you are right, it may have just been for the Blackout.

Myself, with a few other people here in the Pacific Northwest, put together those rules. I emailed them over to Dennis and NADP, and they were modified.

The neckbrace thing is new.

I hope the suggestions made for sled pulling were taking into account for next year!

Myself, with a few other people here in the Pacific Northwest, put together those rules. I emailed them over to Dennis and NADP, and they were modified.

The neckbrace thing is new.

I hope the suggestions made for sled pulling were taking into account for next year!

That would be nice. Hi D.

to me (and many others) that even after all the leg work was done for the pulling season... (by Denny, Scott, and myself) That the NHRDA chose to turn their backs on sled pulling in favor of spreading themselves thin over the entire US and Canada. :badidea:

That part did kind of suck. But hey, what's done is done. It's not our organization.

The neck brace is probably a A.T.P.A. rule implemented as well for diesel truck,they see it as if they must wear it so should we for safety reasons for neck injuries.But we do know that rules & regs. for 2009 are very simple & easy to understand in comparission to past years,but even there past years were very simple rules.Hope to see all you guys again next year and maybe BigBadDodge will come join the festivities as well.

The neck brace is probably a A.T.P.A. rule implemented as well for diesel truck,they see it as if they must wear it so should we for safety reasons for neck injuries.But we do know that rules & regs. for 2009 are very simple & easy to understand in comparission to past years,but even there past years were very simple rules.Hope to see all you guys again next year and maybe BigBadDodge will come join the festivities as well.

Howdy Gabe.

Howdy Deb.John pulling next year or not??Might have part for you guys if he is!!