NHRDA Sledpulling

Howdy Deb.John pulling next year or not??Might have part for you guys if he is!!

Still undecided at this time. I know he would like to, it depends on how much he has to put into the 98 to make it track worthy so to speak. A part???

I'll be honest all. I think its time that we unit on the West Coast and make a serious sled pulling association that encompasses Washington State down to South Cali. Maybe push alittle East to Denver. We have enough expertise, drive, and resources to make a damn good pulling league.

I'm sure there would be enough vendors out there to help make this grow on the West Coast if a plan is drafted, set in stone, players identified, and forward movement.

I'm all for it if there is interest. There is no reason why 2009 can't be the best pulling season ever. With fuel prices where they are, I'd be willing to hit Bullydog, Redding and such again.

A new pulling org.

Like we discussed months ago, I would like to see Byron/Camo/DJ and others unite and create a new pulling org. (The NW needs it)

DJ has facilitated successful events on the eastside this year receiving tons of accolades from ALL the participants. So, he would be an excellent resource or consortium.

Now, I can't speak for them, but l bet our popular Monroe friends (who are very active in pulling/drags) would help and show support for a "new" fresh pulling group. It's imperative and surprisingly easy to develop and start a new ORG. Please let me know what I can do to help support or solicit sponsors for you.:rockwoot:

Like we discussed months ago, I would like to see Byron/Camo/DJ and others unite and create a new pulling org. (The NW needs it)

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

That sounds like a good idea! Give it a shot, I'll attend every event I can, last year I went to 19 different pulls, i think that's the most for anyone on the west coast, let me know if your serious about doin it.
I'll be honest all. I think its time that we unit on the West Coast and make a serious sled pulling association that encompasses Washington State down to South Cali. Maybe push alittle East to Denver. We have enough expertise, drive, and resources to make a damn good pulling league.

I'm sure there would be enough vendors out there to help make this grow on the West Coast if a plan is drafted, set in stone, players identified, and forward movement.

I'm all for it if there is interest. There is no reason why 2009 can't be the best pulling season ever. With fuel prices where they are, I'd be willing to hit Bullydog, Redding and such again.

so this is my question then, who is the authority / group of sledpulling in California? What is the group that BBD is pulling with there?

I think it might be worth a conference call to collectively decide if this is doable.

Pacific NW sledpulling took a major defeat in 2007 when Randy backed out on us, I understand his reasoning completely and in no way blame him, however with some time away from the fire I think its time to re-ignite these efforts through other means.

Last edited:
We pull with valley tractor pullers association (VTPA) or MLM Motosports which is ran by Brian Masseti, I think he would be the one to try and get a hold of first as they are more diesel friendly.

We pull with valley tractor pullers association (VTPA) or MLM Motosports which is ran by Brian Masseti, I think he would be the one to try and get a hold of first as they are more diesel friendly.

link?

Thanks BBD I will contact them.

Hopefully we can arrange for you to make it up this way!!

Well guys I actually think this thread has fallen off the topic but oh well that is life.

The one thing I have to say is we live in America and it is the land of the free and home of opportunity and I would never stand in front of someone’s dreams and ambitions.

If you can put together a team of people that have passion and believe in what they are doing, then I believe you will succeed in whatever you do.

That is why I have been honest from day one and said I am a drag racer thru and thru and that is what we are going to do, put on Drag Races across North America. Again I will state that we will gladly put on joint venture events with sledpulling organizations that are both professional and honest.

On the other hand I have seen to many Keyboard Competitors that due nothing but sit behind their keyboards and be negative and, nitpick the many organizations that are trying to take Diesel Motorsports to the next level and make this a national sport for all to enjoy.

A lot of these people don’t even go to their local events but would rather hide behind their keyboards and let everyone know how much better they are than the rest of the world. In my opinion I say due a soul check and either go start a organization that will help the diesel community or keep quiet and go support an organization that is already out there trying to help Diesel Motorsports.

Because if I was an outsider to the Diesel World and I saw all the negativity going on in the forum world , I really don’t see why I would want to be part of the Diesel Community.

With that said I will take off my hat to following organizations and wish them all luck in the future

NHRDA
NADM
DHRA
DDRA
ODRA
PDRA

Sorry if I missed anyone organizations but I think you get my drift.

Well back to bashing me if you feel the need.

But I would ask you take this thread to somewhere else on Comp D.

i'm not sure if anyone was really being negative; however, if we don't remember the past, we will miss out on valuable lessons learned to make the future better.

i feel i've been pretty positive in this tread about the potential of sledpulling on the West Coast and the many options we have.

I also know you and your ability to deal with the internet. You have never been a big fan of it or these forums, but remember, many of those people that you are insulting as "keyboard compeititors" and these forums have done alot for you one way or another to get you where you are with your organization.

i hope your doing well Randy!

i'm not sure if anyone was really being negative; however, if we don't remember the past, we will miss out on valuable lessons learned to make the future better.

i feel i've been pretty positive in this tread about the potential of sledpulling on the West Coast and the many options we have.

I also know you and your ability to deal with the internet. You have never been a big fan of it or these forums, but remember, many of those people that you are insulting as "keyboard compeititors" and these forums have done alot for you one way or another to get you where you are with your organization.

i hope your doing well Randy!

Scott I hope you and your family is well

I was not trying to imply that everyone is a keyboard competitor but there are alot of people that just like to see controversy and diesel motorsports is still young sport and with all the negativity i still say we are turning people away from our sport. My main point is i dont care who you support but support someone and lets try to be positive and show the rest of the world that diesel motorsports is a great bunch of people.

Anyway i am out of the drama and back to planning our 2009 season

no worries man.

it would be cool if you can make it out to a sledpulling event in 2009 and give it a shot. there was a TON of sledpulls this year and it would be cool to see the redshop truck or something similiar out there giving the sled a yank. just let me know and i can get you a schedule when they come out, its always worth a good time sitting around a fire drinking and shooting **** afterwards.

do you have any races planned for the seattle area? we had to drive down to portland last year, but it was a great trip and a good time. would be cool if you can get a couple of events locally. the Canada race track is an all weekend affair and often doesn't work out for me.

Scott

I hope i can make a sled pull and like i said earlier if you or anyone can organize a pull that is either close or at the same location as a nhrda event then lets put it all together and make it a kick butt weekend for all.

If i dont get time you know you are always welcome to borrow the shop truck and see what it will due.

We are just starting to work on the 09 schedule and we have Seattle , Bremerton and possilbly one more track in washington that we will be adding on in 2009. Also Canada is becoming Division 6 , so division 1 will be Washington, Oregon, Idaho , and Montana. I am really excited about next year and we are reaching the 800 member mark nationwide and things look even better for 2009.

i still havent forgot i owe you a snowmobile trip also