NJ Dyno Day April 14

94ttss

I have a dyno booked for April 14 at Crazy Horse Racing in South Amboy NJ. We are looking for a few more trucks to show, up to six more. You will get at least 3 pulls, possibly more. We have four trucks getting some custom tuning done and once that is finished everyone else can have at it. Cost will be $50 a truck :woohoo:

My cell # 848-391-8341 to get on the list.

94ttss said:
I have a dyno booked for April 14 at Crazy Horse Racing in South Amboy NJ. We are looking for a few more trucks to show, up to six more. You will get at least 3 pulls, possibly more. We have four trucks getting some custom tuning done and once that is finished everyone else can have at it. Cost will be $50 a truck :woohoo:

My cell # 848-391-8341 to get on the list.

kai, do you really think that between you and me and the other 2 VA testers that we will have time for other people? Don told me about the event and that the engineers would be there to build us some custom tunes and get the trucks dialed. from the testing i have done in the past i think that it's going to take about 1-2 hours to get these trucks tuned right, so by chance it takes 4 guys 2 hours a piece then our 8 hours is done.

im just saying this so you dont get some of these guys pee'ed off at you. because we really dont know how long it will take, because our trucks will come first. just a thought!

BTW me and rob will be dynoing!
thanks

Last edited:
Wade,
Don asked me to round up some more trucks to help lower our costs and give some others a chance to get some #'s cheap. Here in NJ it is normally $125-$150 an hour for dyno time. Don seems to think it's not going to take that long. Give me a call 848-391-8341.

94ttss said:
Wade,
Don asked me to round up some more trucks to help lower our costs and give some others a chance to get some #'s cheap. Here in NJ it is normally $125-$150 an hour for dyno time. Don seems to think it's not going to take that long. Give me a call 848-391-8341.

i talked with don again and all is well i think, i will call later.
thanks

Here are my results :rockwoot: .

My truck was one of the beta test trucks and I made 616hp 1163tq uncorrected. This was on an 03 Cali SO with Flux 2's, helix 2, Floor it Stage 2, Htt Quickdiesel 64 Turbo.

The guys from VanAaken were great , a good time was had by all that attended. Especially those that got a chance to try out the tuning :Cheer: .

There was another tester that beat my numbers by over 100hp 150tq , I'll let him post his own results.

Last edited:
Nice job Kai!! Pretty short list for 600+!

Now if I only had some fuel!

I was able to stop down to where the Dyno testing was taking place and the guys from VanAaken put one of the Modules on my truck.:rockwoot: We got a baseline dyno of 272.1 hp and 497.2 tq. After a couple of runs of tuning we were able to post a best of 503.4 hp and 1006 tq. This was done with an II Phat Shaft 62/14, stock sticks and stock CP3.

I would like to point out that my truck is a lowly 305/555 truck and the best numbers i've been able to post up till this point were 437/9??. So as you might guess I'm pretty happy with the results.

I hope to have a set of Flux 2 injectors installed in the next couple of weeks and I will re-dyno after they are installed.

I would like to just give the guys at VanAaken a big :thankyou2:

Angelo

I thought you had the almight II injectors? What happened with those that they would quit right before a "special" live tune event?

Wow!!!! What can I say. The guys from Van Aaken were a nice group of guys. I never expected them to be so young!!!!! It was pleasure actually getting to meet the guys that had designed the box from the gorund up. Pete and Mark were obviously very knowledgable guys. I was just so shocked to find out that they had done everything on the box from day one. Pete had came up with the basic idea, then had actually designed the box and they were the ones in charge of the whole design process!

It made my head swell when they finished dynoing my truck and the commented that it was the highest HP common rail they had ever had the chance to tune. Unfortunately I did get that weird look when I asked about the 4,000 RPM tune that they knew nothing about????? All that aside I think it was pretty neat to actually get to meet the guys and shake the hands of the brains behind the project.

lmills said:
kerosene lol

i bet that is really good on injectors!! i have heard there is a special coating that people use to make the tips stronger though, haha

Here is my run, 235 Cali SO, Flux2's, Floor it stage2, Helix 2, 64mm turbo

Blue run is no tuning, red is vA C5 custom tuning. The sheet shows the corrected #'s for that day. The cf was 1.015, hence the 616/1163 in my sig.
Either way you look at it it's a 306.9 increase from one box :Cheer:

jkretzer said:
so what was the problem this time?
i found out the hard way that all fleetguard filters are not the made for what they say it is, needless to say it passed too much debris and stuck a few nozzels and solonoids. i had to flush the whole system from fuel pump forward to get it right, and then replaced the filters with what i was running before(2micron) and all is well now! it was a horrible time going thru 2 sets of good injectors, in 3 days